PDA

View Full Version : Best way to keep PNP bassinet warm on cool nights?

jerseygirl07067
12-16-2003, 01:56 PM
We are going to be keeping our soon-to-be-here little one in the PNP with the bassinet feature for the first 1-2 months or so. We have the regular PNP play sheet but I noticed it feels really cold, as do our own sheets on cold nights.

I do have a sleep sack, as well as a heating pad which I can place in there when I take the baby out in the middle of the night for feeding, and can remove before the baby goes back in to keep it warm. I have seem people recommending the Kushies sheets which I may look into.

This may sound like a dumb question but since I got so many large fleece blankets for our little one, I was wondering if I could place one OVER the PNP mattress, and tuck it underneath the mattress securely, then have the baby sleep on top. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? Safety is my biggest concern!

Thanks,
Mary

pritchettzoo
12-16-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm a paranoid mom too, so I don't think I would chance it unless I duct-taped the fleece down or something. www.fleecebaby.com is coming out with fleece PNP sheets, but I don't know how long you can wait. There's a recent thread...I'll look for it. Edited to add:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=3293&mode=ful

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

nitaghei
12-16-2003, 05:08 PM
The Kushies flannel sheets are available - if you have a PNP with a full size bassinet - at :

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/kuss345.html

There is a portable fleece crib sheet (the same size) that Fleecebaby will produce in 2004. I was the product tester - and I LOVE this sheet.

I wouldn't worry too much with a new born, though. You'll either be swaddling or using a sleep sack - so the baby won't really be in contact with a cold sheet. It's once they start kicking out of the swaddle, and standing up, that keeping them warm gets to be a challenge! :) The fleece blankets will come in handy in any case - though I would hesitate to use them as a sheet.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

athensmom
12-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Good news! We will have the Fleece Baby Pack'n' play sheets out mid January. Probably around the second week. We addressed the concerns that Nita raised and resized the sheet to fit better under the mattress. Still not sure of the cost yet, but I should know in the next week or so if anyone wants to e-mail me at [email protected].

Jen -
mom to Eloise 5/20/03
and Killan 10/31/00

brittone2
12-18-2003, 12:01 PM
I wanted to add, I believe from what I've read the Kushies sheets work no matter what size bassinet you have for the PNP because the mattress is the same regardless. It is the same one that you use in the regular part of the PNP, but I guess it folds so that it fits into the bassinet regardless of whether it is the full size bassinet or not.

At least that was what I *thought* I had read in the past. If not, I'm in trouble because I just bought 2 Kushies flannel sheets and the bassinet on my PNP is a 3/4 size bassinet. (Kidsurplus.com often carries the Kushies sheets, mine were cheaper than the less cozy Graco ones)

I could be wrong since I haven't tried the sheets yet, but I wanted to mention that since one of the posts above says something about them working w/ the full sized bassinet.

Beth

nitaghei
12-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks Beth! I have the PNP with the full size bassinet, and didn't realise the same mattress worked on the 3/4 bassinet too!

And Jen, great news! I'm waiting eagerly for the sheets - I want another one!!!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD