PDA

View Full Version : Playard sheet and bassinet question

quikeye
12-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Hi all, I just received a playard with a full bassinet that we were hoping to use as a sleeping place for DS at first (to be able to keep him in our room-- the crib is too big!) It's this one (Eddie Bauer playard by Cosco): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BW7F/ref=ba_br_o_a2//103-7606533-8033400?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P

I'm REALLY new to all of this, so I have a few silly questions:

1) When people talk about PNP's, does that refer to the style (like a playard in general), or to the BRAND pack & play (by Graco)? Because I'm looking to purchase sheets for the playard but am not sure if they will fit my non-Graco playard, since it's not a "pack & play"?

2) Are the sheets fitted to fit the full-size bassinet, or to fit the bottom of the playard? I would think they are meant to fit the bassinet part (what we need, intending to use the bassinet as a sleeping place for at least a month)-- but I can't be certain when reading about the sheets. Baby sleeps in the bassinet, not in the bottom of the playard, right?

Thanks in advance!!

Aija
EDD 2/1/04

stillplayswithbarbies
12-18-2003, 10:12 AM
The sheets fit both the bassinet and the bottom of the pack n play, it is the same mattress used for both.

"Pack n play" refers to the style, not necessarily the brand. Sort of like we say "kleenex" even if the brand is Puffs.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03