PDA

View Full Version : Help!! In love with Brandee Danielle

jastinker
12-18-2003, 03:49 PM
My husband and I fell in love with a Brandee Danille design. The problem is that all of the Brandee Danielle crib sets have hand wash, line dry as washing instructions. I just don't see this as feasible. The pattern is called Lilly Frog and is pink and Green (our nursery colors) and I just love the look of it. Any one out there own Brandee Danielle, and if you do, how do you handle the hand wash thing? Thank you very much. Also how do their pruducts hold up over the long haul?

kathsmom
12-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi, jastinker!

I don't have a Brandee Danielle set, but I agree about the whole handwash/line dry thing is not feasible with little ones. I have had to change sheets, blankets, etc. in the middle of the night and to be able to just throw them in the washer and dryer is great. I don't know what I would do if I had to handwash stuff at 2:00 in the morning. I hope that this set works out for you if you decide to get it!

Take care!

hwin708
12-19-2003, 02:08 AM
Hi!
I have this crib set. To be honest, I guess I never really looked at the wash directions, because I don't remember reading handwash. I just assumed you could use the machine. Baby hasn't even gone in the crib yet, so I certainly can't give you any info on how well they hold up, but I tossed the fitted sheet in the wash before I put it on the crib, and it came out just fine.
Here's some old topic threads, where someone else talks about using the washing machine.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=2194&mode=full
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=7&topic_id=1995&mesg_id=1995&listing_type=search

I wouldn't worry about it. The sheets can defnitely go in the wash. I would definitely dry them on a cool, no heat, cycle, though. As for the bumper, maybe you could try calling Brandee Danielle. It's not really like you wash the bumper more than a handful of times, anyway.
Love the crib set! I have it for a little boy (frog prince theme), and it is just gorgeous. It will look beautiful for a little girl as well (I had wanted the BD Fairies set if I was having a girl).

vpalmer
12-22-2003, 07:41 PM
We have been using the Brandee Danielle Lady bug bedding for six months now. We have washed (warm water) and dried (regular cycle) the sheet numerous times and it still fits our mattress just fine. We alternate between the Brandee Danielle sheet and a Pottery Barn Kids sheet (red gingham) since it was too expensive to buy a second Brandee Danielle sheet. I have not washed any of the other pieces of the bedding set. I have never needed to wash the crib bumper, even though our daughter is a spitter; it has never made it to the bumper. The comforter is still hanging on the wall (due to SIDS risk) so I have not washed it yet either.

As far as assessing how the bedding has held up I would say everything still looks as good as new. DD has slept in her crib every night since she was born and everything still looks great.

Another plus: our bedding has the ruffle on the bumper and DD rubs the ruffle between her fingers as a self soothing measure and puts herself back to sleep in the middle of the night.

HTH!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-12-03

vikivoly
01-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I responded to your post in the Nursery Necessity forum, but wanted to add that I agree with everything that Veronica said.

I've had my set for over a year and it looks like it just came out of the bag.