PDA

View Full Version : Fleece sheets landsend vs. fleece baby or others? or really warm sleepers...

NancyB
12-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Has anyone tried the Lands End fleece sheets, vs the fleece baby sheets? Would like some input before I shell out the big bucks. I would like to find a warm sleeper, I have the gap pro fleece and it is thin. thanks for the advice in advance. Nancy B ( mom to Drew :-))

Momof3Labs
12-21-2003, 03:41 PM
We live in the Chicago area, and have done just fine with flannel sheets from Company Store and fleece sleepers (Gap are warmer than they seem, Children's Place and Lands End are thicker).

I don't think that fleece sheets take the place of fleece sleepers because they don't keep the top of the baby warm, like a sleeper does. If you are in a cold climate, you need warm sleepers (or sleep sacks like Halo or Carter's) no matter what type of crib sheets you use.

NancyB
12-21-2003, 08:02 PM
my child is too old for a sleep sack, he stands in the crib! I would like to find a good sleeper that does not have those rubbery feet at the bottom.

Momof3Labs
12-21-2003, 09:24 PM
How old is your child? Once you hit size 12 months and up, you can't really find sleepers without grippies on the feet. Children's Place fleece sleepers are pretty nice though - they use fleece for the feet and add grippies to the bottoms of the feet. The grippies aren't enough for slippery floors, though - I added more using fabric paint.

cinrein
12-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Nancy,

I have both of the sheets. As Lori said, they really don't keep baby any warmer. They just provide a cozier surface to sleep on and you're not laying the baby down on a cold sheet. Flannel sheets would work too. We use a fleece sheet and still put Anna to bed in a fleece sleeper (Carter's) with a long sleeve undershirt layered underneath.

The fleecebaby sheet is much thicker and heavier, but I'd say the LE bunnybelly sheet is a bit softer. Both have laundered very well, so far. The LE sheet is a bit more expensive, but then you have LE's great return policy in case you aren't happy with it. Really, it's a toss up. If you decide a fleece sheet is the way to go, I think you'd be happy with either one.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03