PDA

View Full Version : convertable crib or not

jacksmomtobe
01-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Hello,

Today I went out shopping for cribs and based on this excursion I wanted to get people's opinions on convertible cribs and also Morigeau cribs. I would be interested to know if people felt the convertible cribs were a better buy due to the additional functionality. Also if anyone has any recommendations regarding websites to review crib features.

Thanks!
Jack's Mom to Be

crl
01-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi,
Our baby isn't here yet, so I can't make comments based on experience. (In fact our crib is being set up as I type--so glad I paid the extra $60 to have them put it together).

But, I choose a Pali. I was very interested in the Morigeau cribs, until the helpful salesperson demonstrated for me how much LOUDER the click on raising the rail was. I was amazed at the difference. The Pali I ended up with was actually cheaper so it wasn't someone trying to convince me to spend more money.

I went with a convertible partially because we have a very small nursery so I knew I would want to go to a toddler bed rather than straight to a twin or double. I think whether it makes sense to go covertible depends a bit on your circumstances.

Hope that helps a little,

Momof3Labs
01-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Try reading/searching on the Nursery Necessities board - this question comes up very frequently!