PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a crib matress pad and very soft crib sheets.

brownay2
01-09-2004, 06:14 PM
When we had our 18 month girl in 2002 we purchased a cheap matress it is very stiff and many times could have kicked myself fir getting it. Does anyone know of a really soft matress pad to put under the fitted sheet that will make it soft and comfy? I am due any day now with my boy. And also I am looking for really soft fitted crib sheets. The ones I have are scratchy from Toys R' US. No wonder why my girl was so fussy all the time! Please help if you can. Thanks, Renee

Momof3Labs
01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
The flannel crib sheets from The Company Store are incredibly soft - even after many washings! Their crib mattress pad (not the waterproof one - we have the regular one) is pretty nice, too.

lmintzer
01-10-2004, 08:06 PM
I love the crib mattress pad and jersey knit sheets from Lands End. The sheets are soft--comfy like a good quality cotton t-shirt. The mattress pad is thick and provides just a touch of padding.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/02
& Joshua, 11/16/03

Imperia
01-10-2004, 08:58 PM
I bought some sheets from Fleecebaby.com, they are super soft. I wouldn't us ethem in teh summer, but living in Reno in winter I am sur ethey will be a good choice. They fit extremely snugly on the mattress as well (without being too tight), which makes me feel better.

I am don't know of a good mattress pad, but I have heard it's better for the baby's mattress to be very firm to reduce the SIDS risk.

Imperia

justlearning
01-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Ditto... I also have a Fleecebaby sheet and love it--it's super soft, fits perfectly, and has been holding up well. I don't think you'll find a super plush mattress pad because it wouldn't be safe for a newborn. The mattress pad I have, which I like, does have a little batting on it to provide some softness--it's made by Continental Quilting and sells for around $13 at Babies R Us.

I'm not sure what kind of mattress you have, but I have a more expensive, well-rated foam mattress that is VERY FIRM too. DS has always slept well on it so I wouldn't worry too much about it being too firm.

amp
01-12-2004, 11:45 AM
My favorite sheets are our knit sheets from Land's End. They are super soft, wash after wash. We have a couple of Carter's sheets that are nice enough too, but the LE ones are definitely softer, stretchier and wash/wear more nicely! We bought ours from the Overstocks as a set of 2 for about $18, so that helped defer the cost of their sheets.

Jacksonvol
01-25-2004, 10:32 PM
I second the LE sheets on the overstock page. These sheets are soft, wash well and at 2 for $18.00, a great bargain. I bought a kidsline sheet that went with the "bedding theme" and it is so rough I never have used it after the first time. Don't worry if the colors on the overstock page don't match your nursery. The baby does not know and does not care.

ladythebabygirl
01-26-2004, 02:30 AM
i am also lookjing for very soft crib sheeets but dont really want flannel. any suggestions

Mel

toomanystrollers
01-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Check out: www.fleecebaby.com - very soft and yummy and lands end also makes a polartec crib sheet.

Momof3Labs
01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Try knit sheets, then. Many stores carry them. But I'd suggest that you reconsider flannel - soft flannel really is nice for a baby to lay on. We used them year round because they aren't as warm as when you are covered with a flannel sheet.

MelissaTC
01-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree with the posters that recommended LE sheets. They are the best. Super soft, hold up well in the wash and overall comfie! I wish I had bought some for my bed!