PDA

View Full Version : The latest PBK bedding

neosr
01-10-2004, 04:21 AM
I realize the Baby Bargains Book no longer recommends the use of crib bumpers, but we couldn't pass on purchasing the elegant Diamond Matelasse crib bumper, skirt and gingham sheet from Pottery Barn Kids when we saw it at one of their retail stores. It wasn't cheap, but it was the closest thing we saw to the dreamy Stefano Angelini (babylinens.com) bedding...the ones our hearts wanted but our wallet couldn't afford.

Well, we finally came across a similar scalloped and quilted bedding that was remotely affordable. Of course the quality and thread-count isn't as super deluxe as the SA, but PBK one is quite nice nonetheless. And the bumper is also of the thin variety with a firm foam and has both top and bottom ties--qualities the Fields recommend IF you do decide to purchase a bumper.

We're also thinking of mixing in add'l pieces from their equally beautiful Cottage Floral or French Rose collections, which are also fairly recent additions.

It seems PBK has really stepped up lately with more adult-like, upscale bedding for babies on top of their typical adorable, pastel collections. We're just glad someone's decided to produce relatively affordable bedding that's similar in appearance to the ultra high-end Stefano Angelini and Susan Turner lines.

P.S. we were also strongly considering picci bedding, an Italian line (picci.com) not listed in the book. They have some simple-yet-elegant bedding on par with the luxury designers at reasonable prices. If you're in the market, you should take a peek at them too.

kaitlinsmommy
01-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Congratulations on your purchase! I just wanted to add that I was drooling over the new PBK bedding. There is a lot of gorgeous stuff. It will be hard to resist getting new bedding when our 2nd baby comes along.