PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find dark colors??

Judegirl
01-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Why is all the bedding pastel or bright? Am I the only one who wants richer chades - burgundy, emerald or hunter green, chocolate browns?

I found a couple of things by Carousel, but nothing else - any suggestions? (I'm having hte same problem with clothing!)

Thanks,
Jude

Xariklia
01-13-2004, 06:41 PM
check out babystyle.com

i bought the animal crackers theme nursery (i think thats' what its called.) the colors are very bright and happy, not pastel, maybe some are, take a look for yourself on the site. the colors are bright orange, red, browns, light blue, kiwi green, in poka dots and stripes, and the bumper has animals on it. And it can be used for either girl or boy. the quality is really good too. I'm happy with it. i think i saw another theme that they had in a deep red which was nice too.

wilelm
01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't know if it's anything you'd be interested in, but I have a set that includes a bumper, quilt and sheet (I think--I never even looked at it closely). It's navy, forest green and burgundy with bears. I received it as a gift 3 months after my daughter was born--long after the nursery was decorated. If you think you might be interested, I can take a digital picture and send it to you. If you decide you want it, I'll send it to you for the price of the shipping.

And please don't be worried about offending me if you're not interested, or if you decide you don't like it after I send pictures.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

Judegirl
01-13-2004, 09:31 PM
I'd LOVE to look at it - thanks so much for the offer!

Can I email you offline?

Thanks again!

Jude

wilelm
01-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Sure!

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

Edited to remove e-mail address. Well, I guess I didn't need to put my e-mail address on there for everyone to see (not that I'm worried that people on this site will start sending me junk e-mail!). I haven't been using these message boards very long, so I didn't notice until just now that there's an option to send someone an e-mail.

quikeye
01-13-2004, 09:45 PM
The Company Store has some richer colours available as fitted crib sheets:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=EL70x%5F2&dept%5Fid=1555
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=EL95x&dept%5Fid=1555

Good luck :)

TaChapm2
01-15-2004, 10:49 PM
We decorated DS room in a hunting & fishing outdoors theme. I had a hard time finding bedding to go with what I was looking for. I finally found the Nojo Vintage Plaid. It had denims, burgundy, green and earth tones. If you would like to see it I can post some pictures tomorrow.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

heidi_timms
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a name of a lady that used to work for Pine Creek Bedding in Oregon. She made all of my crib bedding. I actually found her on ebay and did the entire transaction over email (I live in CA). She is amazing and can make anything that you want for great prices. I also know a few other people that have ordered from her and have been happy. She is a SAHM to three kids. She makes crib sets, diaper stackers, soft fabric hampers w/ a wood frame, mobiles, whatever! She sends out swatches and everything. I'm sure she can get whatever fabric you want. She happens to make a lot of toile bedding because it's popular-mine crib set is toile.

You search for her on ebay to see her work by searching by seller. Her ebay ID is nadia3*r.

If you want more info, PM me!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

aguinn
01-18-2004, 09:36 PM
hi jude,

we got primary color cribsheets for ds's room from l.l.bean. their sheets are also nicer than others i've seen, as they are made of extremely soft cotton and have elastic all the way around the sheet, so they go pretty far under the mattress and don't easily pop off.

good luck!
amy
momma to aidan 7/29/03