PDA

View Full Version : Wall colors matching Malawi wall border?

nicoleflynn
01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi all,

I bought Malawi wall border and trying to decide on the color of the wall painting. We are going to have a girl but I am OK to all color options, not just the girlish ones. Crib etc is going to be white and I ordered these window coverings from JCPenney:

http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?Catnum=QF7229586A

I also have Malawi dust ruffle. I was leaning towards painting walls yellow but I am not sure if it would look good with blue gingham draperies.

Any ideas? Any Malawi wall border owner who wouldn't mind posting a picture of her nursery so that I can actually see how it looks with different colors?

Thanks

Nicole - EDD April 9, 2004

wilelm
01-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Nicole,

I don't have the Malawi (I have the Whirligig(, but I'll give you my opinion and tell you what I did.

I think yellow would definitely go well with blue gingham. In fact, my best friend is due in April, and she's doing her room in yellow with blue gingham.

Here's what I did: We put the border lower than the halfway point on the wall (it's at my daughter's eyelevel on the changing table, and now that she's standing, at her eyelevel in the crib as well), then painted the upper portion purple and the lower portion green. Her crib and dresser are white, her curtains are purple. That probably sounds like too much color to a lot of people, but we love how it turned out. And people who see the room tell us it's not too much, but they could be lying to save our feelings. So, if I had the Malawi, I would do the same thing, and paint one portion yellow and the other green.

Good luck!

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

jennifer13
01-16-2004, 11:38 AM
We have Malawi and we painted the walls yellow and it looks beautiful! The curtains are a solid blue that was already in that room and happens to match the blue in the Malawi.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

nicoleflynn
01-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Jennifer, could you give me an idea on what shade of yellow you used? Pale or warmer? If you have the paint number, it would be perfect for me to see in real life.

I have also thought about painting half yellow, half green but I can't seem to find a nice green for the border. I didn't think it would be good idea to match the shade in the wallborder since it has a lot of that color. Maybe I should go with very light version of it.

Nicole
EDD April 9, 2004

wilelm
01-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Sorry to butt in to a reply that wasn't to me, but I was thinking--you could also do 2 different shades of yellow, instead of yellow and green.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03