PDA

View Full Version : Swaddle me blankets.........

redd89
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
I want to buy 2 of these for my twins - my question is, what kind of material? I've seem microfleece, cotton knit and cotton flannel. The twins are expected in March and I'm sure I will use them into the summer, so I'm thinking cotton knit. I know this seems silly, but the cotton knit only comes in yellow and I really wanted to get 2 different colors. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Thanks!
Janie
28wk g/g twins

Gayletmomto4
01-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I have one in the fleece and we love the velcro! Maybe I am spastic but I never could keep ds swaddled in a regular blanket and this makes it easy.
I have to say that it is very warm even though the fleece is really thin. I do sometimes worry about overheating. I didn't know it comes in cotton knit. Can you tell me where to get the cotton?

HTH

redd89
01-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I didn't get hardly any responses to my question and wanted to get them ordered, so I went ahead with the microfleece. Now I am concerned it will be too hot for them - oh well. Here's the link to the others.....

Janie

http://www.babybungalow.com/swmeadnewr.html

brittone2
01-19-2004, 01:02 PM
I have one in blue microfleece for our baby boy due feb. 21st. I haven't gotten to actually use it yet and am a first time mom, so I can't give you much IRL advice. I've heard the fleece works better early on because it is more stretchy and fits a litlte more closely whereas it can be hard to get the cotton as tight when they are so little...not sure how true this is.

I know some mommies on other boards I visit say their baby is warm enough in the fleece w/ just a diaper and onesie, then the blanket wrapped around them. So that is an option too...if you need warmer, dress the baby in a regular sleeper and the swaddle me (could vary how heavy the sleeper is too) and if the baby seems too warm, try just a diaper and onesie underneath the swaddle me.

Again, I have NO idea what I'm really doing, but I wanted to share that thought regardless LOL;)

Beth