PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn question please!!!

aliceinwonderland
01-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know when the new crib linens that just came out would probably go on sale? I think I want to get the elefant set, but won't buy it unless it's on sale. I'm due in April, so I have a little time.

Thanks so much!!

eri and the spring bean :)

rrosen
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I don't know if this will help but, the bedding I bought for dd last July has yet to go on sale. We have the animal bedding. It looks like some go on sale and others do not. I hope you have more luck than we did.

Good luck!

Rebecca

cindyc430
01-22-2004, 04:09 PM
I think alot of it has to do with the popularity of the set. If it sells well, it probably won't go on sale as quickly as another set might. The elephant set just came out in January so I doubt it would be on sale in April, but you never know. PBK has really great deals though when things get marked down!! :)

kaitlinsmommy
01-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I'd have to agree with Rebecca. We bought dd's dragonfly bedding when it was on sale last year but I've admired other bedding there since (mainly Animals) that has never gone on sale. I'm not an expert but I doubt it will go on sale before your baby is due. Have you considered registering for it or mentioning to relatives you would love to receive as a gift? Maybe not the best approach, but if they ask...

koneil1stbaby
01-23-2004, 06:40 PM
I love that bed set also. Since they just came out with it in January I doubt if it will go on sale any time soon. Be careful asking for it in registry. If someone gives you gift certificate it has to say Pottery Barn Kids. The Pottery Barn Kid's store WILL NOT accept Gift Certficates from the regular Pottery Barn store. Or so I've heard.

kaitlinsmommy
01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
I've mentioned this here before, but I've had no problems using Pottery Barn & Williams Sonoma gift cert. (or merch. credits) at PBK.

My2Peanuts
01-25-2004, 01:33 AM
I feel in love with that bedding set too. I went to 3 different PBK stores (just by chance) and asked them if the Animal crib set would ever go on sale. They told me probably not because of the popularity of it. While I was in one of their stores, I did find another crib set that I loved but had never seen before. I found out that the print was 2 years old and that set had also never been put on sale AND it still wasn't on sale.

susukal
02-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Do you have a PB outlet store near you? when something goes on sale in the regular PB or PBK you can find it at the outlet store for even much less than the sale price at the regular store. I bought the animal bumper from the outlet for $10, and found sheets there for $8 and $5, and the bed skirt for $10...great deals!

Good luck!
Sahar, mommy to Yazan 1/10/04

ppshah
02-24-2004, 10:32 AM
If you really have your heart set on this bedding I would just buy it. I made the mistake of waiting and the line ( nautical) I wanted sold out- without ever going on sale. Just keep it in the packages and save the receipt. If it goes on sale you can always get a price adjustment.

HTH

junieblee
02-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Don't know if you ever got your bedding set but I was just looking at PBK online and it appears that the elephant collection, pink and blue are on sale now!
HTH,

lmintzer
02-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Yep, and it looks to be on sale in the most recent catalog that arrived at our house yesterday. Cute set! I'd say "go for it". : )

aliceinwonderland
02-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for alerting me!! But I already bought it before going on sale (like 3 days maybe)...with a broken heart too, as I HATE paying their shipping charges.

You think they'll give me an adjustement??

Thanks again!!

lmintzer
02-25-2004, 03:06 PM
They might to engender customer good will. I'd call and ask to speak to a manager. Good luck!

aliceinwonderland
02-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I didn't even need to ask for a manager. They gave me the adjustement, no questions asked. I thought that was very nice!

Thanks again, you guys just saved me a bunch of $$

lmintzer
02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm glad it worked out! : ) We love our two PB Kids crib sets (a stars and moon theme from a few years ago and the velour animals one from this year). Hope you like yours as much.

Kayla
02-29-2004, 10:21 PM
FYI, PBK has a 30 day price adjustment policy, I was told by a customer service rep. Also, if you register (for a new baby, birthday, Groundhog Day) you can get a 10% completion discount. The elephants are very cute. Enjoy!!!