PDA

View Full Version : Which crib mattress should I register for?

Christeen_Trevor
01-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Which crib mattress should I register for?
Extra Firm Foam Crib Mattress by Kolcraft at Target for 30.00
or Sealy Ultra Baby Soft Mattress By Kolcraft : $59.99
I am thinking of getting either the Simmons Matino crib or
the Babi Itali Picket Fences. My husband and I are going to the store tonight to pick.
Christeen

emmiem
01-29-2004, 11:25 PM
The best rated crib mattress is neither of those according to the BB book. We just purchased the Colgate Classica from Great Beginnings online. Check it out.
Emmie

amp
01-31-2004, 06:05 PM
We have the Sealy Ultra soft for $60 and are very happy with it. It's not as hard as some of the others, but is firm enough to be safe.

new_mommy25
02-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I actually have the Picket Fence crib and we got the Sealy Matress. The matress is fine though a little heavy when changing sheets. Though I think anything with coils will be heavy.

We actually had a BRU coupon that gave us that mattress for free if we spent $400 in furniture. (We bought a glider and changing table at the same time so that wasn't hard!) If we didn't have the coupon we probably would have gone with the Foam mattress.

I think they are both good. Just remember that the Sealy mattress is significantly heavier than any foam mattress will be. It doesn't bother me but that might be a deciding factor for you.