PDA

View Full Version : My bedding is here, now what?

jastinker
02-10-2004, 04:11 PM
OK I know I am going to sound very silly, but I am a first time expecting mommy. Our matress arrived yesterday, as did our bedding. I know I am supposed to let the mattress "air" out for a few days, but what do I do with the bedding. I of course will wash the sheets before use, but do I need to wash the bumpers and crib skirt too? What about the blanket, which we will be hanging on the nursery wall? Thank you for your help and sorry if this is too silly, I am just anxious to get everything right. :)

vikivoly
02-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I didn't wash DD's bumper or quilt before using. Due to my crazy circumstances at the time, she didn't use her crib bedding until she was 7 months old though - long story.

amp
02-10-2004, 05:17 PM
We didn't use a bumper, but we washed all the bedding and the crib skirt before putting them in the nursery.

JenCA
02-10-2004, 07:02 PM
We washed everything (sheets, bumper, crib skirt, mattress pad, etc.) before use except for the matching quilt, which we hung on a quilt rack.

neosr
02-10-2004, 07:12 PM
If you wash the bumper, does it ruin the inner foam? I'm concerned because we too got a new bumper with firm sides and worried that it would pose a greater SIDS risk if started to sag.

JenCA
02-10-2004, 08:56 PM
I've washed DD's bumper a few times and the inner foam (which is actually more like stuffing) hasn't been ruined or started to sag. It's a PBK bumper, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Imperia
02-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I got a thinner bumper on my crib set, but the fill seems to be good quality. I washed it and it is still fine. You may want to air dry yours as sometimes drying things in the drier causes them to shrink.
My bedding set is Lambs and Ivy...although to be honest all I am using out of it ATM is the bumpers and crib skirt...the quilt is draped over a chair, and I prefer my Fleece baby sheets.

Imperia

vpalmer
02-10-2004, 11:05 PM
I did not wash the bed skirt or the bumper before putting them in DD's crib. Since I hung the quilt on the wall, I did not wash it either. The only thing I did wash before DD was born was the sheet.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

neosr
02-11-2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks Jen, I also got a PBK set so your reply was really helpful!