PDA

View Full Version : Bassinet Bedding - what is your preference?

Brenly
02-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum, although a huge fan of the Baby Bargains book! My DH and I are expecting our first baby in mid June. We are trying to prepare as much in advance as possible and have already started our registry (this book was a tremendous resource to say the least).

I know bassinets are not recommended for the money conscious, but we decided to get one to have at our bedside. We registered for the White Eyelet Rocking Bassinet from Kolkraft. We also registered for the oval mattress. Now...which bedding to choose for this?

I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks~

Lydia

amp
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
We did not use our bassinet for more than about 2 weeks, but we just used a regular bassinet cotton knit sheet over the mattress. We swaddled him in a receiving blanket and when he was spitting up, we put a cloth or a sheet saver under his head. That was all we used. We did have two sheets for the bassinet so that we could change it and still have one to put back on the pad.

kransden
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
My baby hated being on the plastic. It was too cold or made her sweat, there was never a happy place. We took nice, not too thick towels, wrapped the pad in them, and bought really nice high thread count pillow cases and saftey pinned them in back. The baby slept a lot better on that and now we have extra pillow cases.

BTW dh and I use bath sheets, dd has now outgrown her baby towels. We use the towels from the bassinet and our Snuggle Nest on her now.

This may sound to cheap for you, but the bassinet sheets I found were not very good quality and I gave mine to the daycare for the babydoll bed.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02