PDA

View Full Version : What brand is your fave for receiving blankets?

momtoemma
02-17-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm looking for some good receiving blankets for baby #2. I want to buy some that are generously sized and soft. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

kaitlinsmommy
02-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I really liked the Carter's receiving blankets. They were thicker than the others we had and were square, which I thought made it easier for swaddling.

Momof3Labs
02-17-2004, 11:14 PM
We preferred blankets that were stretchy jersey over flannel - stayed softer and were easier to swaddle with.

heidi_timms
02-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I could never find any the size I wanted. All were either 30x30 or 30x40 which got too small once DD hit 3 months. I ended up making my own out of single ply flannel, which stay swaddled nice and tight. Some I made were 1 yard and some were 1.25 yards. If you have a serger, then serge the edges or if you have a regular sewing machine like me, do a nice tight zig zag stitch.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

vikivoly
02-18-2004, 05:08 PM
I didn't care for Carter's. I thought they were stiff. My favorite was Waverly. They were nice and big and very soft. I found them at BRU.

mommy_1boy1girl
02-20-2004, 10:03 AM
I have to agree on the Waverly, they were great. We went with mostly fleece blankets this time. Any cotton ones are Waverly though.

josephmama
02-20-2004, 11:07 AM
I like the Carters ones that are thicker and feel like a sweatshirt. But we used stretchy waffle blankets for swaddling- I think they were gerber and were cheap and small but perfect for us since we just swaddled DS for about a month.

nitaghei
02-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Our favorite flannel ones were from Landend - big and VERY soft - much softer than the Carter's ones we had (ended up using the Carters blankets as postioners mostly). The Landsend flannel is double napped, so it feels really plush, and the blankets remained soft, and didn't pill (unlike the Carter's ones) after repeated washing.

DS also received a stretchy knit double sided blanket from Old Navy at a gift, which was also great - nice and big. We still use this for naps; it has held up beautifully, but Old Navy quality is pretty erratic and we probably just lucked out on that one. I've seen similar blankets at Gymboree, which should be good for swaddling.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

mom2kids
03-06-2004, 01:20 AM
they companies that I loved were Aware and Baby Morgan I got them at a local store Babyland Pa. www.babylandpa.com very reasonably price they wash great

August Mom
03-06-2004, 08:57 PM
We had a fleece receiving blanket from Koala Baby at BRU that I loved. It is SO soft and has stayed looking great after repeated washings. It's probably a little thick for true swaddling, though, but great to wrap around or cover baby.

jennyriver
03-12-2004, 04:46 PM
my vote would also be for Waverly...just registered and groped lots of different ones...found these to be SUPER soft and stretchy and reviews on amazon say they stay that way after washes!

tinkerbell1217
03-13-2004, 01:45 PM
I haven't actually found receiving blankets I like alot, but as for a baby blanket that isn't specifically penned as "receiving, but is still small enough to swaddle but big enough otherwise, I LOVE Baby Gap blankets!! I bought my cousin one last year when she had her son and its still his favorite blankie. I also have one too and its soft as can be and washes great!!

The regular receiving style blankets always seem so stiff to me. The ones I had with DD and with DS , well, they just didn't like the feel. This time I am going to spend a little extra and get softer ones.

Baby Gap gets my vote!

Kelly

sarahfran
03-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I bought a 3-pack of 100% cotton jersey blankets at BRU that I love. They're a perfect size for swaddling with a bit of stretch and they're not too heavy. They were like $13 for the 3.

Ok, I just grabbed one to check-- brand is Miniwear. Size is 32" square.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

amp
03-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Not necessarily a receiving blanket, but I just purchased 2 baby blankets from Gymboree. They are 2 ply cotton knit jersety type and they are soo soft! And cute too. They ain't cheap, but they are much bigger, softer and thicker than any of the blankets we had for Jake. Wish I would have had these.