PDA

View Full Version : Safe sleeper system

bmilanski
02-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has used the new safe sleeper system by cotton tale that the latest Baby Bargains book recommends. It has a seamless bumper and includes a sleeper sack.

Is it easy to use and does it seem pretty safe?

Thanks,

Becky

arta
04-13-2004, 05:17 PM
I am very interested in this line also. I looked on Cotton Tale's web site, and it seems to indicate the line will be available soon, but Baby Bargains seemed to indicate that it is already available. I have seen the "Safe and Sound" name advertised on sites that carry Cotton Tale, but it is not clear to me that the designs that Cotton Tale sells come in the "Safe and Sound" style, or if they are more like traditional bedding. Does anyone know the answer? Admittedly, I have not done in-store research yet, I've only looked on-line, and it can be so hard to tell.

RwnMayfair
04-26-2004, 02:39 AM
We have the "Safe and Sound" sleep system from Cotton Tale (minus the sleep sack - every place I found the sleep system only sold the sleep sack seperately) because I liked the idea of the bumper being attached to something that went beneath the mattress. You basically end up fitting the mattress into the bumper thing, as the bumper is attached to a piece of cotton designed to hold the mattress. (In fact, the instructions that come with it specifically tell you to fit the mattress into it after putting the sheet on it before you put it into the crib.)

It has plusses and minuses - I really like the fact that Taran can't get under the bumper and it all fits together very snugly into the crib. It looks very nice as well, though that's not why we bought it. ;) One of the minuses though is that it can be a massive pain to have to change the sheet without pulling everything out. Because it fits so snugly, you can't just pull the mattress out and because the bumper has the fabric under the mattress you have to pull the whole thing out together. This is of course only a big deal if you're having to change the sheet really early in the morning because the baby has woken up in what can only be called "a puddle of poo." ;) Now, luckily he's only woken up that way once, but I still can't say doing something like that half asleep was a lot of fun. Despite that though, I'm still very, very pleased with the bedding set we bought.

When I was looking around for the best price for the specific Cotton Tale set we wanted, I did learn a fair amount, though I don't know how much of it is true anymore. (I bought ours several months ago - Taran spent his first two and a half months in a moses basket in our room.) You could buy the bedding in either the "Safe and Sound" set, or in a more traditional set. I purchased mine online, as that's where I found the best prices. If it was the "Safe and Sound" set, it specified that, though if you're unclear at all, I'd clarify with the place you're buying it from before you do so. Many of the sites I looked at offered both, and the "Safe and Sound" sets always said that, while the traditional sets did not.

Anyway, hope this helps some! :)

-Melissa

Taran Reed - Nov, 20, 2003

nofeea
04-28-2004, 10:56 AM
I bought this system 1 year and a half ago and I think it's great. I love that the bumper doesn't detach. As the previous poster mentioned though, it is a real pain to change the sheets. You have to take the whole bumper and mattress out to put on a regular sheet. I solved this problem by getting the quick zip sheets. Now I don't have to take the mattress out- just reach down, unzip and zip in a new sheet! The sheets are white but the safe and sound system has the decorative sheet pattern connecting the bumper anyway so you don't even see the white sheet unless you're leaning over the crib!