PDA

View Full Version : No Martha Stewart here - need quick interior design opinions, please!!

Judegirl
02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
We JUST decided we have to paint the room in which the baby will be sleeping...and tonight's my only night to get to the Home Depot. I have until 8:00 EST to make up my mind...any advice??

The room will not be a nursery, technically, as most of our bedroom furniture will still be in it. All the furniture is natural and white, the carpet is a medium, warmish blue color - almost a peacock blue but not quite that dark - and all accents (crib bedding, rocking chair cover, etc.) are burgundy and greens - sage and emerald. Egads!

I'm thinking about a cream or a warm taupe..something to blend the blue with everything else...it's a tiny, tiny room, so it can't be anything overwhelming.

Any ideas???

Thank you!!
Jude

emmiem
02-27-2004, 12:56 AM
That's a lot of colors that you are trying to blend. Are they all warm or cool tones? If it is a small room, you don't want to go too dark on the walls. I would almost invest in new carpeting or buy a large rug to blend your crib bedding colors to go with the wall. The wall would be beautiful in a sage green wash.
HTH.
Michele