PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME custom polar fleece quilt from fleecebaby.com

sarahfran
03-06-2004, 01:01 AM
A few wks ago someone posted a coupon code for fleecebaby.com. I took advantage of it and wanted to tell everyone how great the custom quilt they made us is.

I worked with Carolyne at Flecce Baby to design a quilt that would be a little wild, with bold, boyish colors. She e-mailed me samples, took photos of what the combos would look like, and ultimately designed something that looked better than I could have imagined. The custom embroidery is a really nice touch. I'll post a photo when I can figure out our digital camera.

If you're interested, check out their site. They have lots more fleece options than you see on the site. The coupon is for $10 off your order, with free embroidery. Use "customer thank you" in the coupon code, and click "no" on embroidery, but type in your embroidery preferences in the comments field.

My beautiful 30x40" quilt was $30 + $8 for priority shipping. A great deal for a totally custom item!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

hwin708
03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
It sounds great! Definitely post pictures when you can. This sounds like a fantastic bargain.

sarahfran
03-07-2004, 01:18 AM
OK, here's my attempt to post a photo. I hope it works. It's actually cuter in person!

Edited to add:
UGH! It didn't work. What am I doing wrong? I click on add attachment, browse for the file and select it, hit upload file, and get "error, select file to upload". I've tried multiple times, resaved it and retried... How do I make this work??

By the way, I'll be happy to e-m the photo to you if you like... I can probably make that work!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

hwin708
03-09-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't know how to attach a photo, but I do believe there was a brief discussion of this in the lounge a couple days ago, with people commenting about getting that error message.
Anway, it would be great if that bug gets fixed, but if not, here's my email.
hwin7080 @ hotmail.com
Just get rid of the spaces before and after the @

Thanks!

Rachels
03-10-2004, 02:44 PM
It's a bug, I think. I love Fleecebaby and would love to see the quilt! Can you maybe try a shutterfly link?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

sarahfran
03-10-2004, 08:04 PM
OK-- here's the shutterfly link to Dylan's quilt. Let me know if it doesn't work!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34f3a36450e

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

stillplayswithbarbies
03-10-2004, 10:23 PM
how did you pick other colors? Do I just pick from the offers on the site and then email her to ask for other colors?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

sarahfran
03-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Karen,
I think I first contacted them by emailing the address on the "contact us" page. I mentioned that I wanted a custom quilt and that I liked the photo they had on the site with the 3 quilts hanging from hooks--I liked the bright colored, stripey fleeces. Carolyne e-mailed me back to find out more about what I wanted (boy/girl, age, etc.) and then e-mailed me photos of some of the fleece samples and quilts they'd made in the past. We e-mailed back and forth until we both had a good concept of what I wanted. She has such good taste and sense about how to create what you're looking for that she worked from what I liked to make the quilt.

It really is one of my favorite baby items, and it's so personal. We have it spread out on the back of the sofa so I can always see it!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

Rachels
03-11-2004, 09:46 AM
That's beautiful!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02