PDA

View Full Version : Question for bumper users

athensmom
03-14-2004, 10:09 PM
I hope its OK to posts this.... I know there has been much debate about to use or not use bumpers - but, after alot of consideration Fleece Baby has decided to do a line of bumpers. Now the question is what kind of bumpers to do?? Of course we'll have fleece in them - but, I'm SERIOUSLY stumped of what kind of bumpers to offer? Modern, frilly, all fleece, fleece with chenille and cotton?? OK bumpers users - what are your preferences? What kinds of things would you want to see in a new line? I'm thinking moderately priced - I would want to offer something that I could hope to buy myself one day :) Thanks for any feedback. If you'd rather let me know personally than by post - my e-mail is [email protected]. I really appreciate everyones' tastes on the board -so I thought I'd ask those in the know.

Jen Fleece
Killan 10/31/00
Eloise 5/20/03

Judegirl
03-14-2004, 11:56 PM
For myself, I'd steer clear of chenille, since I seem to remember that there are safety concerns with that fabric. (I think it's something about fibers coming loose and posing a choking hazard...?)
But as long as they're stiff enough to minimize the risk of legs going under or over them, and faces getting smooshed into them, I think you'd do well.

Other than that, I've been searching for dark-colored bumpers (burgundy, hunter green, etc)... but I'm in the minority and I've already bought my bedding. :)

Good luck in your new endeavor!

Jude

kijip
03-15-2004, 02:47 AM
I like flatter thinner bumpers and have a hard time finding them. I also think that some bumbers are too short. A bit of the longer side would be good.

I would buy grey flannel but could not find grey bedding ....just a thought if you want to appeal to those who like darker colors.

HoneymoonBaby
03-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Patchwork fleece in bright, fruity colors! You could sell a matching patchwork quilt and sheets in bright colors to match. I think it would look simple and modern but still really fun for babies. No appliques or frills or anything . . . just quality, attractive unisex bedding in yummy fleece.

Just my opinion . . . I think there's more than enough frilly, themed bedding out there for babies and love to see something a little different. Good luck!

Edited to add disclaimer: I am also probably in the minority, taste-wise, and already ordered my crib bedding. But if I was just starting out or having a second child, I'd love to see the stuff I just described.

vikivoly
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
I agree about staying away from the chenille. It's quite popular, but I didn't buy it because the fibers do pull out easily. As far as style, I wouldn't know where to tell you to go. That's such a matter of personal taste. I opted for something on the dainty side, but I have a girl.

I looked for a bumper that was in 4 individual sections. This makes it easier to wash and install. Another thing is ties at the top and bottom and long enough to fit around some of the thicker crib posts.

westchicagomom
03-16-2004, 03:40 AM
I agree w/ the patchwork fleece in bright or even deep richer (as mentioned in one of the posts hunter green, burgundy, etc.) colors. I saw a (very) few items like it when I was in search of bedding, but they were way overpriced.

Good Luck!

Pam
Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)