PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed on blue gingham bedding

llcoddington
03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
I am planning to do Lauren's nursery in blue gingham with pink accents. I know this might be a bit strange for a girl, but I LOVE blue gingham! Anyway, I have found blue gingham sets at babybedding.com, the Company Store and Lands End. I'm just waiting on swatches to confirm color. My question is: Would you get all gingham- dust ruffle and sheets (not planning to get bumper). Or, would you get a blue gingham dust ruffle and solid blue sheets?

We thought we would be buying a house so we waited on buying nursery decorations, but I think we might be in our condo for awhile longer. :(

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

tinkerbell1217
03-17-2004, 02:41 PM
I would do the blue gingham dust ruffle and break it up with solid blue sheets. Both in gingham may be a bit too much. Just my .02! Good luck decorating!!

Kelly
9/22/04

mattiew
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
I have the Pottery Barn blue gingham dust ruffle which I use with solid sheets (non Pottery Barn) and the matching blue gingham sheet. The matching blue gingham sheet is my FAVORITE, I might like my solids better if they were a perfect match. I say get one of each, you will need more than one!!!

HTH!
Carrie

cric
03-17-2004, 03:56 PM
First, there is nothing wrong with using blue to decorate for a girl. I was going to use blue in my room when I didn't know the sex anyway.

On the question: I agree with Carrie - get one of each. You will definately need more than one anyway, and this will let you decide what you like best. If you are only buying one, I tend to lean toward the solid blue sheet if the colors match well.

Lynn

llcoddington
03-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Thank you! Since Lauren's birth, I haven't been able to make a decision to save my life! I appreciate your help!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

ppshah
03-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I have the blue gingham skirt with solid blue sheets from pottery barn and I think it looks great. I do think the all gingham would be too much for me. I think blue is very pretty for a girl.

Have you considered the ric rac bedding at pottery barn- I think it adds a nice feminine touch- & I think it's on sale now. you could do a ric rac skirt with gingham sheets. Just a thought.

amp
03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
We have a blue gingham dustruffle and window valance in our nursery (which was made for the nursery before we new if DS was a boy or girl). I think I would prefer either solid blue or white (we also use pale yellow) on one or the other (sheet or ruffle). Otherwise, I think it would be too much gingham next to each other for my taste. You will need more than one sheet though, so you could get one of each.