PDA

View Full Version : Land's End isn't going to be making crib sheets anymore!

Jennymarie
03-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I just went online to buy a few yellow crib sheets from Land's End (I actually made my bedding to coordinate with the swatch from their yellow sheets) and the yellow sheets weren't there anymore!

I called Customer Service, and the rep said that they won't be getting anymore in because they've decided NOT to make/sell crib sheets any longer! I can't imagine why -- since they've been rated so well...

Anyway, just a heads up to those of you contemplating buying their sheets to get your orders in asap before they run out of stock.

amp
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh crap! I love their sheets!

muskiesusan
03-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I believe they are also doing away with their layette line. Don't understand that, either!

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

yusupovy
03-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I wrote an e-comment to Land's End to inquire about their baby bedding and layette. This was the response I received:

Dear Lands' End Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about the our Nursery
Bedding and Layette items.

Your suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. We do consider
customer feedback when making future product development decisions.

At this point all of our Nursery merchandise will be located
on the Internet. This will include our bedding and Layette items.
We have discontinued showing these in our catalogs only.

I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate product manager.
We appreciate your input. Some of our best ideas come from our
customers!

Sincerely,

Diane S
Internet Customer Service
www.landsend.com
1-800-963-4816

Saartje
03-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I called Lands' End customer service, and was told that they're looking for a new vendor for their crib bedding etc., as they've been having some problems with the current one. They expect to have them again once they find a new vendor — it's just difficult for them to do so, because their standards for quality are so high.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the abrupt change in ratings on LE sheets on the Good Housekeeping tests?

alkagift
04-01-2004, 03:13 PM
I thought I would throw my 2cents in about their sheets. I can understand that they're looking for a new vendor, since the sheets I've purchased are a pain in the neck to get on the mattress--the elastic is very small and the fabric is generous so it's a tussle. I returned their fleece sheet because the elastic was so small I heard it tear as I was trying to get it on the mattress. They need to adjust their sizing.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Sarah1
04-13-2004, 08:46 AM
I've had the same experience as Allison. Although I LOVE the feel of the bunny belly fleece sheet, it was a complete ordeal putting it on the mattress. It took FOREVER...I wouldn't buy another one for that reason!

Emmas Mom
04-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm so disappointed to find this out. I just found out about Baby Bargains from a friend of mine, got the book & devoured it. I called Lands End today & was basically told the same thing. I've shopped with them for years & they are pretty good about customer service. Maybe if enough people complain they will continue to make them or look harder for another vendor. It couldn't hurt. :-)

jp96
04-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Has anyone had experience with their bunny belly blanket? I just ordered it. How does this compare to the Fleece Baby one?

Thanks

Syd
05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Lands' End IS looking into new vendors and do plan to bring back the layette and (I believe) the sheets. (I heard they are testing new layettes now.)

I highly recommend emailing, writing, calling and expressing your opinions to them. They take that VERY seriously.

As for the Bunny Belly - I think it's way better than fleece. Very soft and cuddly. They also have Bunny Belly PJs, which are wonderful as well.

McQ
05-07-2004, 09:00 AM
LOVE the bunny belly PJs. I didn't even know they had bunny belly blankets & sheets. I'll have to check them out. Hate the regular fleece PJs.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

jp96
05-14-2004, 10:48 AM
I was told that they had no plans of discontinuing the baby products they are offering now and that they are not changing the size of the bunny belly blanket.

jpang
05-26-2004, 05:44 PM
We bought both the bunny belly blanket and the fleece stroller blanket when our daughter was born, and they've gotten more use than all the other blankets in our house. The bunny belly blanket is very very soft and a nice size for wrapping a newborn in when you take her out for walks. The stroller blanket is much thicker and is good to tuck into the stroller or let the baby roll around on when she's awake. They are very washable, too.

Now that she's older we use the stroller blanket but the other one not as much. Sometimes I give her the bunny belly blanket to hold, though. She likes the softness.

I'm sorry to hear that they are discontinuing their crib sheets. Their cotton interlock sheets were my favorite. I also had a bunny belly fleece sheet and didn't experience any problems with the elastic. That's a great sheet for the winter.

aguinn
09-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I recently got a Lands End Home catalog (Fall 2004) and on page 43 they are selling knit crib sheets again! The information is what I seem to remember when I ordered my like 18 months ago: deep 11" corner pockets, all-around elastic, four colors: ice pink, light sea blue, pale gold and white, $34 for a set (this used to mean two sheets). There are much fewer color choices, but it looks like those of us who love these sheets are back in business!

;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months