PDA

View Full Version : What color of blue is the Fleecebaby crib sheet?

HoneymoonBaby
03-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm looking for an EXTREMELY pale blue crib sheet -- almost a washed out denim blue, like old jeans that have been faded and washed 8,000 times. Nothing too bright or vibrant, even in a pastel. I saw the Fleecebaby crib sheet online, and on my screen, it looks close to what I'm looking for, but I'm wondering if anyone who has this sheet can tell me how pale it is. I'm seriously looking for something just a couple shades away from white -- a very, very light blue. Does Fleecebaby fit the bill, or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

sbjf
03-21-2004, 11:51 PM
How about this one?

http://landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_48738_10102_9711_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=4718032679559177070

HoneymoonBaby
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
That looked promising, Bonnie, but they've already discontinued it in the light blue color. :( Maybe I'll check E-bay for the Land's End.

In the meantime, if anyone has the Fleecebaby sheets or another idea, I'm still searching . . .

(By the way, Bonnie -- I saw your nursery pics -- it looks like your baby's nursery will be really similar to ours. We're doing all white furniture with pale blue walls and a pale blue chambray overstuffed glider. I's gorgeous and soothing!)

sbjf
03-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the compliment on the nursery, we are so happy with how it has turned out. I totally agree that it's a beautiful color scheme, esp. for a nursery.

I liked the idea you had posted about creating your own glider and I think I'm going to mention that to my dh as an option; we still don't have that piece of furniture.

I'm so surprised that Lands End has discontinued the blue. I don't know about you, but I have been noticing (in my many shopping searches/trips) that boys decor is severely neglected!

For example, Target has a cute round braided rug in pinks/yellows, but nothing comparable in blues. Linens and Things has decorative sheers that would work in a girl's nursery (flowers/butterflies or something) but no boy's set.

Now Lands End seems to has 2 pink sheet sets, but only one soft blue, I don't get it. ETA...Maybe they'll replace the one they discontinued eventually with something comparable.

I'm getting tired of this! If I come across any other sheet options for you I'll let you know.

If you find any nice round area rugs that you think would go in my nursery, please let me know, too.

Thanks!

HoneymoonBaby
03-22-2004, 10:16 AM
How funny -- I'm looking for a round blue area rug, too. If I find one, I'll be sure to let you know -- it really is an ordeal!

In defense of Lands End, I think they are actually discontinuing their whole line of crib sheets, not just the blue. So I'm guessing they're just selling off their stock at this point. The light blue probably just sold out faster than the two different pinks they're still offering.

But I agree that it is DIFFICULT to find nice baby boy stuff for the nursery that isn't a transportation theme, an animal theme or a sports theme. There's plenty of theme-free floral and solid stuff for girls, but the non-pink and purple end of the spectrum is severely neglected. Maybe we should start a bedding line for little boys and make some money off of this problem of ours!

kelly ann
03-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I know this is off-topic, but I just had to say I love the name you have picked out - Ian. It has been my favorite boys name ever since I was in high school about 15 years ago. However, I couldn't use it on my DS because I married a man with a 3-letter last name and I didn't like the way it looked :(

Good luck finding those blue sheets. You think bedding is bad for boys? Wait until you have to buy clothes for him and you have to walk by all of the cute girl clothes to find the one little corner with mediocre boy clothes :)

HoneymoonBaby
03-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Aw, sorry you couldn't use Ian as a name! I really love it. I'm so excited to meet my little Ian!

I hear you on the clothing thing already . . . I've been building his little wardrobe for a couple of weeks, and boy, are the prospects dismal. Luckily, I have Off 5th near me, so I've gotten some cool French brand boys' stuff that is a little unusual and fun, but most of the mainstream American boys' clothing is BORING. Soccer, football, puppies, cars. Zzzzzzzz. Someone wake me when they come up with something a little less stereotyped.

kelly ann
03-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Hmmmm...thanks for the tip on Off 5th. I have one about 10 minutes away. I will have check them out for some toddler clothes.

Andrea S
03-25-2004, 09:50 PM
I have the blue fleece sheet and it is very pale. I have a Ralph Lauren demin comforter and the fleece sheet is lighter than that.

HTH,

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02