PDA

View Full Version : QuickZip sheets -- opinion?

babywhite
03-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi! I am interested in the QuickZip sheets. Has anyone used these?

Thanks!

nofeea
04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi-

These sheets have been helpful for me. We have the "safe and sound" bumper system which is great but really annoying to set up each time you change the sheets. With the zip sheets I don't have to take off the bumper. They're not "pretty" sheets but they are functional! At times, I did wonder if the zipper was a little rough around the edges but it does have material that flaps over it so it has never been an issue. My baby has never even found the zipper on the sheets. Hope that helps!

lmintzer
04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
We're also thinking of getting Quick Zip since changing the sheets without removing the whole bumper is impossible.

Is it hard to zip around the corners? I'd imagine with the tension needed to pull a sheet tight, it would be hard to work it around the corners. How long does a sheet change take with Quick Zip? And do you use a mattress pad under it? We currently have a Lands End pad (quilted on one side--adds a little softness to the otherwise hard-as-a-rock crib mattress) and waterproof on the other. But I was thinking that using it with the Quick Zip system might defeat the whole purpose: if the sheet leaks through onto the mattress pad (which I assume it would since it's just a single-layer sheet, right?) then I'd have to remove the bumper anyway to change the sheet. Make sense?

lizardmom
09-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi-- Did you ever get a response about the QuickZip/mattress pad question? I had the same question: If you've got a leak enough to wet the sheet, and the top of the mattress pad gets wet, then you'd have to change that, too... I'd love to hear what you've heard or experienced.

Thanks!
liz

lmintzer
09-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Yep, the customer service was very helpful, and they gave us two suggestions. One: cut the "skirt" off the Lands End bumper and two: purchase Quick Zip's skirtless mattress pad (which I believe they sell for $10).

I purchased one of theirs and cut the skirt off one of my two Lands End pads. Both work just fine with the Quick Zip system. Using a mattress pad top without a skirt works fine. The sheets hold it down and it doesn't slike or seem unsafe in any way. I have a slight preference for the doctored Lands End pad because it's slightly thicker and makes the crib a little cozier without being unsafe.

At any rate, I love the sheets. Especially if you use a bumper, they are a huge time saver. Changing the sheets literally takes 30 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes.

lampes
10-01-2004, 12:45 AM
I really like these sheets. What I did re: leak issue was go to Joann's fame and buy 1 yard of the rubber /waterproof flannel. Cut it in thirds and had a length long enough to cover most of the mattress. This way, if any leak did happen, I would just replace the top & the rubber liner & not the mattress pad.

lizardmom
10-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks Lisa! That's very helpful. I really wanted to try the QuickZip sheets, and now it makes sense to...

And thanks also to lampes for the rubber/waterproof flannel tip.

Best,
Liz

shindagrl
10-01-2004, 05:05 AM
I've been very happy with ours, and the yellow gingham check really looks nice in DD's room. As far as the corners go, there's a trick to it.......you have to pull a bit on the corner to make the zipper go around smoothly, but once you've got the hang of it, it's a cinch.

I just cut the skirt off of my BRU mattress pad, and think I'll follow the PP's great idea of putting something waterproof on top of THAT.

I figured out how to change a crib without removing the bumpers (I have very small hands that can manuever around the slats), but it was still a pain in the neck and the QZ sheets are a LOT faster and easier to change. I'm really glad we purchased them, and don't hesitate to recommend them.

lizardmom
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
thanks, Cindy! I appreciate the tips...
liz