PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Mattress Pad vs. Ultimate Crib Sheet

kroppink
03-28-2004, 05:48 PM
I've read a lot about the Ultimate Crib Sheet, but I've never seen any mention of the Ultimate Mattress Pad. I wonder if it's new... has anyone tried this? It's a little more expensive & is by the same manufacturer. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it sounds like it's softer - but basically serves the same purpose?

Here's a link...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009NQU0/qid=1080508713/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-1072341-9199067?v=glance&s=baby

Thanks!
Karin

kelleybeth
04-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I just bought the Ultimate Mattress Pad the other day -- I can't tell you how well it works from practical experience, because my baby isn't here yet, but I can elaborate a little on the differences between the 2. This is much thicker -- it's the waterproof backing layer, then a layer of foam-like padding, then a layer of soft mesh fabric on top. The surface feels much softer than the UCS fabric does, I think. This version is new, I believe, and so it's easier to find it in-stock than the UCS (BRU has been out of the UCS the last 3 times I've been to the store), which is one of the reasons I bought it. Basically, it's just a cushier version of the same thing; I'll just skip buying a regular mattress pad to use under the sheets since this should do the trick. HTH!

kroppink
04-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks so much for the help!!!! :)