PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us bedding

jennmw
03-31-2004, 04:17 PM
We don't have a BRU close so we are registering at the Toys R Us in town. I went there today to look around and noticed that most of the stuff there is their own brand "Especially For Baby". That is basically all the crib sheets they have too. Has anyone used these?

DebbieJ
03-31-2004, 10:19 PM
I haven't used them, but just wanted to let you know that you can also register online with BRU/Amazon. That way you have more items to choose from.

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

jennmw
04-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Ya, we have already started that but I just didn't want to register for too much stuff on there as a lot of the people that would buy from our register (like grandparents and great grandparents)won't buy online and they only have a Toys R Us around. But, we just might have to.

My2Peanuts
04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I have and they aren't that bad. Have you seen the Koala Baby brand in there? The Toys R Us by my parents carries them. They are really good and much better than some of the other brands that BRU carries (carters, gerber, etc). If possible, you might want to get the knit crib sheet rather than the regular crib sheet. They are much softer.

jennmw
04-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear it. I didn't see the Kaola brand, but I keep on hearing such bad things on those, that the sheets shrink so much that people can't fit them over the mattress anymore.

kaitlinsmommy
04-07-2004, 03:27 AM
I just wanted to post that I bought a Koala brand sheet & it was HORRIBLE! After one washing, it started unraveling. But BRU did refund my money.

babymama
04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Ditto. I had terrible luck with my Koala Baby crib skirt. Really, really poor quality - the thing melted under a low heat iron (directions said low heat iron was okay). Big time waste of $. I have been pleased, though, with a Koala Baby fleece blanket that I bought at the same time I bought the bedskirt.
Haven't tried Especially for Baby sheets.
Good luck!
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

spunkybaby
04-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I also like my Koala Baby fleece blanket. I have a waffle-knit Koala Baby blanket as well; it's ok, but we like the fleece blanket better. The fleece blanket is very soft even after several washes.

I bought Especially for Baby sheet savers, mattress pad, and lap/burp pads. They seem fine, except that my lap/burp pads are getting kind of fuzzy after frequent washings (and getting stuck to the velcro on the baby bibs that are usually in the same load).

Haven't tried the EFB crib sheets.

ETA: When I registered at BRU during the winter, I originally registered for lap/burp pads etc. by some other company (Continental Quilting company or something like that), but it seemed like those all got replaced with the EFB brand. At the time, I couldn't figure out if the company changed names, or if BRU switched to a house brand.

HTH.

New mom to spunky baby
March 2004