PDA

View Full Version : DD won't sleep in her crib because her mattress is too firm!

littleme2
04-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I've noticed that if DD sleeps in her crib, then she wakes up every 2 hours. She usually sleeps on her side and I'm thinking that the reason she's waking up is because the mattress is too firm. We have the Sealy Posturpedic Mattress. We've taken the moving side of the crib out and pushed it against our bed so it's sort of like a really big co-sleeper. If she sleeps on our mattress - which is pillow-top, then she sleeps more soundly. By the way, she's 8 mo old.

So, my question is --- is there any way to make the mattress less firm? I don't know, maybe some sort of mattress pad that is soft?

Thanks.

Meetu
DD Sahana 8/15/03

JenCA
04-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I would venture to guess that the reason she's waking up when in her crib is because she likes sleeping with mama and daddy better! ;) Even if her crib is very close to your bed, it's not the same thing as being IN bed with you. When we transitioned our daughter to her crib, she also would wake up every few hours, and we knew it was because she was happier where she was sleeping before. It took awhile before she was completely comfortable sleeping there. Good luck!

Kieransmom
04-03-2004, 05:57 PM
My son did the same thing. First thing we did was take the comfortor that came with the bedding set we have and put it under the mattress pad. It made it a bit softer but the comfortor isn't a terribly cushy one. Then we went out and bought these fabulous flannel sheets from Pottery Barn. The first night we did that he slept through the night.

Since your child is 8 months old you can probably do that. I wouldn't recommend that for a baby any younger.
Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03