PDA

View Full Version : Are Pottery Barn Kids crib sheets and bedding good quality?

jp96
04-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Hello,

We are expecting a boy at the end of June. I just purchased a PBK "baseball" pattern kids bumper, 2 sheets, dust ruffle, and quilt (more for decoration than anything), and it was all on a big sale for around $90. It is made of a wide wall corduroy, and the bumper is lined on the inside with cotton. Does anyone have this set?

I'm wondering if others have had experiences with PBK bedding and wanted to get their thoughts on whether their products are high quality, minimal shrinkage. I just talked to a friend who had a baby a few years ago, and she hated the PBK stuff. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't such a bargain after all. She said her bumper was very thin, but the one that I bought actually seems very thick. Her sheets shrunk up too. Also, will corduroy be a dust magnet?

Thanks for your input!
JP96

MichelleRC
04-07-2004, 05:15 PM
We have a PBK quilt, bumper, and 2 sheets in the chambray frog pattern from 2 years ago and I was (and am) very happy with the quality, especially of the sheets. They are so soft, did not shrink and retained their color after numerous washings. I would definitely buy from them again!

Michelle

blnony
04-07-2004, 06:11 PM
We've been using the same PBK stuff for 19 months now, and it's all held up great. We stopped using the bumper very early, but the sheets and dust ruffle have been great.

sweetbasil
04-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Here's an old thread that came to mind when I saw your post....

http://tinyurl.com/36jky

kaitlinsmommy
04-07-2004, 10:34 PM
We are very happy with our PBK bedding. I have the chambray/gingham bumper & it is very thin, but that never bothered me, especially since you don't use it that long. I think the quilt-type bumpers are much thicker.

Our sheets haven't faded or shrunk but I line-dry them (which only takes an hour or two).

I was in PBK today and am going to get some more of their crib sheets. I also love their little Explorer bedding, which is now on sale. I wish I knew if I will ever have a boy because I would snap it up in a second.