PDA

View Full Version : Looking for great crib sheets to match PBK bedding

missliss55
04-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I am looking for new crib sheets to match my PBK bedding. The elastic broke recently on all my crib sheets. (They have been washed/dried on delicate...maybe I just got some bad ones) I am so bummed! PBK said they can't doing anything since I bought them a year ago...not to mention that I have only used them for about 9 months. We bought the sheets way before DD was born and then she was in her bassinette for a couple of months. Anyone have any ideas on new sheets?

Thanks!

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)

InTheBiz
04-12-2004, 08:28 PM
>I am looking for new crib sheets to match my PBK bedding.
>The elastic broke recently on all my crib sheets. (They have
>been washed/dried on delicate...maybe I just got some bad
>ones) I am so bummed! PBK said they can't doing anything
>since I bought them a year ago...not to mention that I have
>only used them for about 9 months. We bought the sheets way
>before DD was born and then she was in her bassinette for a
>couple of months. Anyone have any ideas on new sheets?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Melissa
>Mom to Emma (4/16/03)

crib critters makes the best sheets i have ever seen..really high grade elastic, thick seems......lazar's in illinois sells them...they retail for 15 dollars each in awesome colors...you name it...they make the color.....and if you're not in illinois, then i can't tell you where to get them from....sorry....maybe try internet look up....

good luck....i know how bad some of those sheets can be..i still remember when they would pop off the mattress....

jamsmu
04-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Melissa,

Take the sheets back to PBK. Don't bring a receipt. Just tell them you are disatisfied with your purchase. The elastic on a crib sheet should not "pop" as it is unsafe. (I've had this happen 3 times -- see post in "Bitching Forum." ) They will not give you your money back, but they should give you another sheet. If they still refuse, ask for their general manager, then district manager. Or call PBK customer service. There is NO EXCUSE for this product to be so lousy. But I will tell you that they "downgraded" their sheets. They used to have a higher threadcount and elastic all around.

missliss55
04-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Julie,

I do plan on taking the sheets back to the store. The bummer is that the store is not very close but I do plan on making a trip out there. I did call their customer service # and the person I spoke with said they would give me a credit which I was fine with. Then I got a message the next day and she said since the sheets were purchased over a year ago there was nothing she could do and that I couldn't have the credit. I was so mad! Their sheets are expensive and shouldn't break. I guess they don't have that much faith in their product to only guarantee it for a year. Thanks for your help!

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)

jamsmu
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I can't believe that CS went back on their word. UGHHH! Anyway, just "play dumb" and tell them you don't have the receipt. Works everytime!

BTW, another sheet (this is the 4th) just literally fell apart at the seams. It sounds funny, but this time the elastic is still good, but the corner seam is now missing. So I have one left.

Rashmi (papal) recommended that I try Company Store. I hate that I'll have to pay again, but I, too, hate driving 25 minutes to the store, especially with DS in tow. Which store do you have to drive to?

missliss55
04-26-2004, 10:44 PM
I think I will just "play dumb". Hope it works! :)

When I talked with CS they said that they had never heard of this happening to anyone. Yeah...right.

I live in Northern California and I have to drive at least 45 min (or more depending on traffic) to Corte Madera (near SF). I also hate doing it with DD....long time to be in the car.

Which store do you go to?

jamsmu
04-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I go to King of Prussia in Pa. But my sister is in Princeton NJ so I was going to tell you to ask for her if you ended up going there. I guess that would be a long drive for you. :)

Well, at least we know that CS is wrong. Maybe I'll call today and tell them of my problems.

Have a good day!

jamsmu
04-27-2004, 09:20 PM
I just talked to my sister. She said that first, they have to take it back because it is a damaged product, clearly from their store. She said if its "core," which is gingham or solid, you should get a refund for the regular price because these items don't go on sale.

She also said that rather than driving to PBK, they can now do a "store-to-store" transaction. Meaning, if you have a PB closer, they'll take it there, mail it to a PBK and PBK will issue you a store credit through the mail. Then you can use the store credit at PB, PBK or WS or any of them on line.

She is at the Princeton, NJ, PBK and you can say you spoke with her. She's the stock mgr.

She also said that she has seen this sort of thing happen before with crib sheets, though it doesn't happen often. She did say that it never happens with twinsheets, which she thinks is because they are elastic all around (which is how the cribsheets used to be before they re-vamped them 2 years ago.)

Julie

Jenabelle
04-29-2004, 12:48 PM
While I haven't had them long or put them to use yet - I am very happy with the Carousel sheets I bought (100% cotton, good elastic all the way around). They washed very well and the colors are very vibrant (I have a primary colors nursery). Their website is babybedding.com and they have like every color. They will also send you free swatches if you want to make sure it matches.

ryanjared
05-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Have you considered having your own sheets made? That way you can have any fabric choice that you want and still get the type of sheets that you want. I did that and I was EXTREMELY happy with what I got. In fact, the lady's name that made mine was Cheryl Cushing. She has a website. It is www.sweetpeasheirlooms.com You would be shocked at how inexpensive it can be. The quality was incredible! In fact, I have recommended that friends of mine get sheets made by her as well. Cheryl has a huge selection in which to choose of fabrics that she currently has available but I had her find something special for me. Everything matches very well. I did a cowboy room for my son and Cheryl made some denim sheets with a coordinating stripe to match the cute comforter that I got.

Sarah Marshall
[email protected]

missliss55
05-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks so much for the great idea. I hadn't even thought of that.

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)