PDA

View Full Version : Not many design choices at Land's End or Company Store

KBecks
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
While the book recommends both Land's end and Company Store, there are few design choices at these places.

I'm going to keep it simple with just a crib sheet and a dust ruffle, but I'd like some choices beyond solids and ginghams.

The bunny belly fleece sheet at LE looks interesting, but it's $42!!

Any recommendations on other good bedding places that sell individual pieces (don't want a set), and have nice quality?

Thanks!

holliam
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Lands End is re-doing its sheets. Many folks here didn't like the size/design of the Lands End bunny belly fleece--felt it was too small. I'm waiting for the new design to buy any LE sheets, and I am a HUGE LE fan--most of my own wardrobe is from them!

I have bought quite a few sheets from Company Store b/c they have great sales.

Many of us have purchased fleece sheets from http://www.fleecebaby.com There is a coupon floating around the forums for $10 off.

Now that I think about it, except from my Fleece Baby sheet, I think all my sheets are from Company Store! :)

Holli

nitaghei
04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Garnet Hill has some unusual stuff - but a little expensive.

www.garnethill.com

I'm surprised that you didn't find much at the Company Store - they typically have quite a variety of crib bedding - but their web site is really strange and hard to negotiate. You may want to call them to get a catalogue, if you haven't already.

ETA

Found this cute gender neutral bedding at Company Kids
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=eq75x&dept%5Fid=1535

And there are some adorable floral prints, if you're having a girl, and a cute baseball sheet too! I did a search for "crib sheet" and came up with more than I did when I looked under Infant Bedding. I really wish they would fix their web site!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Jenabelle
04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm probably sounding like an advert for them, but I just ordered sheets from Carousel Designs. I wanted bright primary colors and I wanted to pick and choose pieces. This was really the only place I could find blue, yellow, and red crib sheets (other than LE). I got a lampshade, valance, dust ruffle/skirt, bumper, and two crib sheets. I washed on gentle cycle in cold and no bleeding. The elastic seems very good on the sheets (all the way around) and the colors are very vivid. The bumper is also nice - with 12 ties - 6 on the bottom and 6 on top. Everything is from the same 100% cotton fabric. They seemed to have a lot of designs, but their basic stuff seemed the most cute - esp the toile if you like that look. You can order swatches on their website and the shipping was fast.

www.babybedding.com

I found it in the BB book.

llcoddington
04-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I too ordered sheets and a crib ruffle from Carousel Designs and the quality is great. My washing machine is horrible and only has heavy duty cycle (the joys of renting!) and the sheets made it through without a problem! I highly recommend Carousel. Plus, you can order as many swatches as you want- free.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03