PDA

View Full Version : Elastic Waterproof Mattress Pad -- Question

babywhite
04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
I am considering putting an elastic (fitted) waterproof mattress pad over my mattress and under the sheet. I do not want one that is quilted or soft. Could someone please recommend a non-soft good one. :) Thanks so much... :)

R.W.

amp
04-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Our mattress is quilted, but it's not terribly padded, so I don't know if I can help you. We bought one at BRU (don't remember the brand) and one at Target (Carter's Tykes). They basically look the same, except for the pattern in the quilting. The one from BRU is holding up much better than the one from Target, and it stretches over the mattress more easily, although it's still a pretty tight fit. Anyway, my point is, our quilted one just adds a layer of protection from leaks and a very thin layer of something between the vinyl of the mattress and the sheet. Seemed more comfy to me. But it is NOT very thick in any way that makes me feel it is unsafe. There is absolutely no way for baby to get his face buried in the softness and cause a hazard. I don't know if that's what you were concerned about, but wanted to give you my 2 cents.