PDA

View Full Version : Will someone please explain the Ultimate Crib Sheet/mattress pad?

hovegator
05-13-2004, 10:14 PM
I am in the midst of registering and am sold on the ultimate crib sheet and fully understand how the thing works. So then i see the "Ultimate Mattress PAD" and became confused! Can i use the two together or it is one or the other? Since the pad seems to go on top of the fitted sheet, it would seem that the ultimate sheet would be unnecessary. SO in that case, i guess i would get a regular mattress pad to put on the mattress, followed by the crib sheet, followed by the ultimate sheet, right? Following me? I'm not sure i'm following myself! :)

lbess
05-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not familiar with the Ultimate Mattress Pad, but I want to suggest that you take a good look at the Ultimate Crib Sheet before investing. We got two (after a friend raved), but I really dislike them. They're plain white and half polyester on the top, so putting them on top of the nice colorful cotton sheets was unappealing. So, I started using them as mattress pads (under the crib sheet), but it wasn't very long before the vinyl backing developed holes. The wetness funnels through the holes and completely soaks the layers underneath, making the UCS useless. We just threw away one of our two, and the other one is right behind it as soon as I find a new mattress pad.

julierobin
05-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi --

First, I am pretty surt when you read UC sheet and US pad, they are probably the same thing b/c the company touts "four things in one" a sheet, a pad, etc.

The UC sheet I have says this on the package: "No need for a mattress pad, waterproof pad, absorbent pad or even a fitted crib sheet."

So in long form to answer your question, you would not use anything other than the ultimate crib sheet.

My two cents -- I do not like the ultimate crib sheet/matress pad.
ANYWAY... I do not like the UCS becase for me it is more difficult to change the ultimate crib sheet than it is to just use and chnage a regular *good brand* crib sheet. I have my crib pushed up to a wall and have to pull it out to get the snaps of the UCS unsnapped.

Julie

jenmcadams
05-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Not sure about the Ultimate Mattress Pad. I do know I loved our Ultimate Crib Sheets. Maybe I would have had a different impression if our daughter had been a spitter and if we had to change the sheets frequently, but generally I've loved them. I didn't find them difficult to change and it didn't bother me that my daughter's cute crib sheets were covered on top...you could still see the pattern on the sides. As for what else is on her bed, we do exactly what you describe, we have a mattress pad, followed by a crib sheet followed by the UCS. We have 2 UCS and 2 regular crib sheets and even when Abbie had a bad case of the stomach flu, we were fine with changes.

Good luck!

jvorhis
05-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I have the untimate crib sheet and I love them. My daughter spits up a lot and this avoids us having to change the sheet underneath all the time. It is also easy to clean since it is white. I just use the bleach pen to get the stains out and put it in the washing machine. I was sick of scrubbing out carrot stains from her pink sheets. We also have a matress pad underneath the regular crib sheet, just in case.

Jenn

Mommy to Emma
9-10-03

hovegator
05-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for your advice. (Julie-There IS a difference. Check them both out on the babiesrus website). i decided to take teh pad off of teh registry and leave one sheet. I'll see how i like it and then maybe i'll get another.

Thanks again!

julierobin
05-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks -- I will for sure check out the differences... Maybe I will like one over the other.

Julie, Mommy to Ben 8/7/03