PDA

View Full Version : Buy Buy Baby or Babie's r Us?

overwhelmed
05-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Which is a better store to register at? Better quality products? Better selection? Better prices?

dowlinal
05-18-2004, 01:02 AM
I registered at BuyBuyBaby in Paramus and loved it. I only got one duplicate item and all returns and exchanges were an absolute breeze. They don't make you fill out any forms for the credit and have never given me a hassle. Even now, months later, I have returned some items because I never used them and all I had to do is tell them they were from my registry and they gave me credit.

The reason I chose BBB over Babies R Us was really customer service. When my husband & I went to the two stores to look at items, at Babies R US we could never find anyone to answer our questions or if we did they either didn't know the answers or gave us incorrect ones. At BBB all we had to do is look puzzled and someone was there to help us. Our families and friends actually commented on how great the store was. In fact, a sales associate spent 3 hours with my husband's 70+ year old aunt and uncle helping them pick out the right gift. I laugh everytime I imagine that scene.

The only downside to BBB is the limited number of stores but they also have the online registries so that wasn't a problem for us.

HTH

AJs Mommy
05-18-2004, 01:11 PM
I too registered at Buy Buy Baby (on Long Island, NY) and highly recommend it over BRUs as well. Aside from their great customer service and very liberal return policy, BBB carries the same entry level lines that BRUs does but they carry the more upscale lines that BRUs doesn't (example - BBB carries Bugaboo, Silver Cross, & Mountain Buggy strollers, complete lines of Chicco & Kinderzeat highchairs, etc).
As far as their customer service goes, their sales people are very knowledgable and even offered to call manufacturers for me on more than one occasion (with a baby camera/monitor question and a stroller question). And as long as they sold a particular item in their store, they would accept it as a return for store credit.
The ONLY downside to BBB as compared to BRU is that BBB doesn't sell a variety of diaper sizes in case quanitities (as does BRU). But, they do have newborn sizes in the small packages and match competitor prices on all items including formula.
Good luck.

kaitlinsmommy
05-19-2004, 12:03 AM
I've never been to a BBB but I was very happy registering at BRU. It sounds like you might have a better selection at BBB but I like that BRU/TRU stores are everywhere. A lot of times people like to see the gifts in person they are buying and if there isn't a BBB near people shopping for you they might be inclined to get something else. Have you considered registering at BBB and maybe BRU or Target too?

Oh, I never had one problem with returns at BRU. They took things back without receipts but I did have to fill out a form at cs.

TraciG
05-19-2004, 06:21 PM
I registered at both because BRU didn't have everything I wanted also because BBB stores aren't all over like BRU. No problem with returns at BRU but yes the sales people are much more helpful at BBB.

jstevens
10-07-2004, 11:29 PM
By far the best is Buy Buy Baby for selection, service and quality. One drawback is that they only have a few locations so if you are concerned that people will have to travel far to purchase you a gift, you might want to register for both. Of course, if your friends/family are online shoppers then it is no problem at all to just register at BBB.

annasmom
10-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi, I registered at BRU over Buy Buy Baby because I found BBB so overwhelming. I literally almost fell apart looking at all the products they carry!! Also, BRU had everything I wanted at the time. That being said, BBB definitely has a better and wider selection of products. I thought the CS at BRU was excellent, and they have a no questions asked return policy that was great. I returned a lot of gifts (not on my registery), got a huge credit and bought my diapers at BRU for months! By the way, BRU is a great place to buy diapers, I don't think BBB carries diapers at all.

I don't think you will go wrong with either one. Although depending on where you live, there are many more BRUs.

Eileen

jbmommy
10-22-2004, 03:39 AM
Hands down BBB. I have had so many problems with BRU. You can use competitor coupons at BBB. The folks at BBB are helpful, the returns are easy, and the cost is compariable.

Mother of Jesse 8.18.03
EDD # 2 2.22.05

happymom2b
10-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I am due in Dec. and registered at both BBB and BRU. I think BBB has a much better selection of patterns/colors for the bigger items and they carry more upscale products in addition to the items sold at BRU. I did both b/c one side of my family doesn't live near a BBB so BRU would be more convenient for them. I didn't know that BBB accepts coupons from BRU though!! That is very good news that I will have to share with my family. Thanks!! =)

ctychick
11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I did both. While I much prefer the selection at BBB, their website is much more limited than than BRU and much of my family is from out of town and will be ordering online. Just something to consider if you have lots of out-of-town family and friends.