PDA

View Full Version : Wamsutta Baby Sheets

LynetteC
05-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Wamsutta baby sheets yet? I was walking through BRU the other day & saw them there. They said they have 250 thread count but I was wondering if they have elastic all the way around.

We have Wamsutta sheets on our bed soI know that generally they are a good brand and last long. I'm just getting ready to register for our first baby and wanted any input. Thanks!

LynetteC
EDD: 9-15-04:D

Jenmv
05-19-2004, 11:37 PM
I bought one of the Wamsutta crib sheets at BRU last fall on a whim and it's wonderful. It has a really thick elastic that goes all the way around and the sheets are very soft after washing. We didn't have a BRU in our town when I was intitially buying nursery stuff. If I didn't already have enough sheets I would buy more of that brand.

HTH

smiliedds
05-20-2004, 02:24 AM
I have the Wamsutta flannel fitted crib sheets. They are very nice and soft with elastic all the way around. But since I didn't get them from BRU, I am not sure if they are the same as the ones you saw.

Rebecca

mteve
05-20-2004, 05:10 AM
I have the Wamsutta sateen sheets from BRU. The elastic goes all the way around and is very thick. They are very nice sheets.

Eve
mom to Knox 5-10-04

helaina
05-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Good Housekeeping magazine said these sheets are the best ones out there. "Our textiles staff has found a new crib-sheet winner: Wamsutta Baby sheets. Thanks to the heavy-duty elastic around the edge, this brand stayed put -- even after nearly 100 tugs! $12.99; 888-926-7888 or www.wamsutta.com" http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodhousekeeping/consumer/safety/articles/0,,284526_593770-3,00.html

I want to know where to buy the rest of the Wamsutta crib bedding. Did they have that at Babies R Us?

LynetteC
05-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Thank you all on your input! I'm glad to hear the sheets are worth the few dollars more than other brands. At BRU they only had the Wamsutta sheets & blankets. I didn't see any other bedding products. I was a little skeptical about the blankets though because most weren't 100% cotton. They had a lot of chenille & acryllic blends. They were soft but in the Baby Bargains book it said to stay away from chenille. They did have some 100% cotton receiving blankets in a 5 pack for $9.99.

LynetteC.

dramamama04
08-22-2004, 02:05 AM
I know this is an old topic, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE these sheets! Right now they're on clearance at BRU, but they only had one that matched my bedding. The elastic is so thick and easy to get on my mattress.I would definitely recommend these sheets.

Marisa6826
08-22-2004, 07:50 PM
LOVE these sheets. I just recently bought them (since I can't find the box that holds the rest of Sophie's linens, despite moving *8* months ago ;) ).

They're incredibly soft, haven't shrunk and are just overall great little sheets!

-m

hellosmiletoday
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
We are oddballs...DH changes the sheets in DD's crib and ended up returning the Wamsutta sheets because of the elastic all around...he found them hard to put on the mattress. He likes the cheaper Koala brand sheets (which are also 200 thread count). Go figure.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04