PDA

View Full Version : The Company Store Sheets Smell Toxic??!

wgkelley
05-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Or is it just me? I ordered 3 Company Store crib sheets because BB and so many people on this site rave about them, but they smelled funny, even after washing them. So I sent them back and they sent me 3 more to try in case I got a bad batch. But then I got those and washed them 4 times and they still smell toxic to me. Has anyone else had this experience? The Company Store said it is because they have to coat them with a product to protect them, but it should come out in the wash. But with mine it hasn't. Any ideas on how to get them smelling better - I'd really like to use these sheets if they are great quality like everyone says.

Momof3Labs
05-24-2004, 08:14 AM
I've never had any problem with any of our sheets from them - and I've bought both crib and king sized sheets. We have all flannel though; which fabric did you buy?

papal
05-24-2004, 09:47 AM
ACK! Toxic?? That is awful.
We have the cotton crib sheets and have had no problems with them at all, smell or otherwise.

What is your wash routine with them?? I remember washing mine in HOT with a little detergent...but honestly, they did not have a smell when i took them out of the packaging. Very strange.