PDA

View Full Version : Babystyle Island Charm bedding

tobycat
05-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Has anyone ordered or seen in person the Babystyle Island Charm bedding? I was going to order it today, but now it is on sale. Which is great, except that I would only be able to return it for store credit.

Any feedback?

Thanks!

tinkerbell1217
05-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Haven't seen it in person, but I LOVE this set too!!! I just wonder if they will still have it when we find out what this little one is going to be!

tobycat
05-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Did you see it in a printed catalog or just the website. In the catalog they had it in a room with 3 walls painted pale yellowish and the crib wall in the same color as the bedding. I want to do the same effect, but would like to use maple furniture (crib and changing table) because I already have a pale yellow dresser.

The set looks really nice with the cherry finish furniture. How do you think it would look with maple? I think the cherry with my yellow dresser is just too much.

Thanks for your opinion!

tinkerbell1217
05-24-2004, 03:58 PM
I think it would look best with cherry or white. Is white an option at all?? I just like maple furniture with either yellow or blue bedding, but thats just my preference. I have seen it online and in the catalog. Luckily I am very keen on cherry furniture! Don't mean to sound negative, but I am just not sure maple si the right color with the lilac. Do you have a Babystyle store near you?? That would be the best way to figure it out.

tobycat
05-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Sadly, there is no Babystyle store near me. I like cherry, but think the contrast between cherry and the yellow dresser would not work. Was looking at this crib, with husband to make a changing table to match. The pale yellow dresser was mine as a baby. Maybe I should get some lilac material that looks similar and take it to the store that has the crib.

http://www.morigeau.com/collections.php?Langue=2&Section=3&Collection=6200&Photo=6200-2

tinkerbell1217
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
The crib is nice in the natural color, I was thinking darker wood than that. I think the natural would work. Taking a lilac material swatch to the store and putting it against the crib would be a great idea! Sadly, no Babystyle store near me either :(. Wish there was. I like to actually see things in person before buying too.

emmiem
05-24-2004, 06:51 PM
We have maple furniture in the nursery and plenty of lilac. It is on the walls and on the wallpaper. It is also faux finished in the bathroom with lilac, green, and blue and I have natural maple bathroom cabinets. Maple furniture goes with everything. Very neutral.
Michele