PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think their Target foam mattress is too hard?

lynettefrancois
05-24-2004, 02:50 PM
If so, what did you do about it? Did it help your baby sleep better? DD tries to go to sleep on her own, but tosses and turns in her crib... TIA!

Rachels
05-25-2004, 10:16 PM
We had the Colgate double-sided mattress that I'd heard raves about, and it took me nine months to figure out that it was an unbearable brick. We got a softer mattress and a fleecebaby (www.fleecebaby.com) sheet, and suddenly I had a kid who would nap. Abigail is on a bigger bed now, and I'm mourning the fleecebaby sheet-- it was really wonderful for her.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif

"We have a secret in our culture...it's not that birth is painful, it's that women are strong!!" - Laura Stavoe Harm

lynettefrancois
05-25-2004, 10:58 PM
What mattress did you end up with?

meja
05-26-2004, 02:47 AM
We called around to local mattress makers in our city and found one that will make a foam baby mattress to crib standard size (with our fabric for the cover) for $25!!

It's worth a shot wherever you live. They said we can pick whatever foam we like for the mattress. I haven't actually picked it up yet, but I am happy with this as we didn't want vinyl covering the mattress itself (for breathability reasons).

Meja[/a]
Princess EDD: 7/8/04

jpang
05-26-2004, 05:36 PM
We also discovered that our child's mattress was too hard and bought some foam (from a foam shop, cut to measure) for the crib sheet. We also bought a mattress pad cover from BRU that goes on top of that. DD seems to be sleeping much better now.

By the way, we didn't do this until DD was seven month old and very active (could roll over & move about), so that felt safer about the SIDS issue. That is a personal choice, though.

StaceyKim
06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Rachel,

I just ordered the fleecebaby sheets. I needed some extras for DS and future DD.

Did you buy the Colgate Classic I mattress for Abigail? I need to get a mattress for DD's crib and I don't know what to buy! A few people recommended the Colgate Classic I in a separate post.