PDA

View Full Version : Paint Color with Malawi bedding

txmomtobe
06-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm currently trying to figure out what paint colors to use with this bedding. Has anybody had any experience with this? If so, can you tell me what brand and specific color/#. Thanks...I'm just not sure.

DebbieJ
06-04-2004, 05:26 PM
We have the Malawi bedding! I picked up the blue color in the design, even though we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. It looks great.

We got the paint at Home Depot--it's one of Behr's Disney colors "Oh Bother Blue."

HTH!

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

maridave
06-05-2004, 08:28 AM
We did the nursery room half yellow and half green with yellow stripes and the malawi border across the middle.

Our walls were previously painted a deep yellow - Behr's paint - Cut Squash -color #1A14-3. As for the green color, I found a perfect match with Ralph Lauren paint - Rustic Green - #GH63. However, I asked the paint store to color match it with Behr's paint. See attached pics. You may want to go lighter on the yellow paint, but we think the green paint was perfect.

As for doing the stripes on the bottom half, my husband taped the lines before he painted the green and then pulled them off after the paint dried off and poof perfect yellow straight lines.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7273.jpg

memedee
06-05-2004, 12:23 PM
It looks fabulous.
I like the deep yellow.

txmomtobe
06-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Thank you DebbieJ and Maridave for the information. Wish me luck painting.

ColorBlue
06-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Wow...looks really nice!

Tracy

dd Grace 11/01
edd TWINS!! 11/04

persephone
06-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes, very pretty! I think I bought the same glider you have (Jardine?).

To the original poster: we are using some of the PBK velour animals decor items to decorate our nursery -- similar colors to the Malawi, but not exactly. Our paint is yellow too, similar to the yellow in this picture but more muted. Possibly a touch more brown in it. Sorry I don't have the specific number here with me. But I like the yellow very much. It's versatile too, can work with either gender.

Good luck!

Melanie
EDD: 8-26-2004

maridave
06-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks. The glider is actually a Dutailer - my husband insisted on getting the recline feature - which now I am happy we got because I have already slept in it a couple of nights when my back was bothering me.