PDA

View Full Version : Tiki or Surfer Crib Bedding? Possibly Custom made?

WooChx
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Would you know where I can find Tiki or Surfer crib bedding patterns? I've tried www.surferbedding.com, but would like some other options. I would love to find someone that custom makes bumpers & skirts that would allow me to send them the fabric.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

tinkerbell1217
06-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Not sure about Tiki or Surfer, but Babystyle has a really cute set called Island Charm, its for a girl. Lavender and cream. Looks Hawaiian IMO. Very sweet.

Racemom
06-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Have you tried checking out the info from the show Make Room for Baby? They have done a couple of nurseries with that type of theme. Just a thought!

juliev6868
06-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I was considering the surfer theme...but we've gone with bugs...lol.
Here's a site I had considered: http://www.monstermarketplace.com/HawaiianBeddingTropicalDecor/Product/783/Listing/SurferCribAccessories/252/2/105/1
I think the stuff looks really cute! Have fun :)

Julie

WooChx
06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Interesting, your link is actually photos from www.surferbedding.com I am really in love with the pink & green palm tree pattern. I'm just afraid to commit!

Thanks for the help though!

lmladuke
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I am pretty sure Pottery Barn Kids has surfer/Tiki bedding. I know they have it for older kids - and think I remember seeing crib bedding as well.

Lori

heidi_timms
06-10-2004, 12:33 AM
I had a lady custom make all of our bedding and accessories. She used to work for Pine Creek Bedding and does amazing work. She is a mom of three and works really quick! I bought an entire crib set from her, a valance, a hamper, and a toy hanger (decorative). She also made my cradle bedding and my sister's cradle bedding. I did my entire order via email as she lives in Oregon and I live in CA. She also is very reasonable! She sends out online photo albums of past work. I actually found her on ebay because she had a similar bedding set listed and then had her make exactly what I wanted.

PM me via the boards if you want her contact info.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

supersparkee
06-12-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't know if this will help - we have a fish/ocean themed nursery and ended up getting the bumper and curtains from this line:

http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedding/productdetails.asp?id=1-10001809-10001918-103288-4-3&id2=598-0-0-0-0&

It's not really surfer but I know how hard it is to find bedding for more "obscure" nursery themes as it took me a while to find and settle on this. And my DH (who is a surfer!) thinks it is really cute. The fish are really cute and abstract looking and DD was entertained by the design when she was a newborn (probably because it is a high contrast design). Since we have a girl, I didn't want the blue gingham sheets and instead paired it with lavender gingham that we got from babybedding.com (they are local to us so I was able to take the bumper with me to match the sheets). And our nursery colors are light blue, lime, and lavender so it all fits together nicely.