PDA

View Full Version : Bedding: Kids Line vs. Pottery Barn - Quality and Decorating Options

spunkybaby
06-09-2004, 02:54 AM
I have the Arcadia bedding set from Kids Line, and my bumpers have ties on both top and bottom. My sheets have elastic all the way around as well, which is very nice!

New mom to spunky baby
March 2004

August Mom
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
We have Kidsline Pocket Teddy and I have been disappointed with the quality. My sheets do not have elastic all the way around. Shrinking has been a problem. The sheets didn't fit after 1 washing. The pattern is very cute, though. The bumper does have 2 ties.

The best on-line pricing I found for Kidsline was at babysupermall.com.

grapesoda
06-14-2004, 01:19 AM
I did the PBK Julia theme for DD, including the pink gingham crib sheets. They work fine, they're very soft. Nothing extravagant, but they're fine. The bumper is on the thin side, but I mainly got it because it matched with everything else.

With the green chambray crib sheet you can always mix and match with the cute PBK animal print themed bumpers, bed skirts, rugs, and window panels. The rug really pulled the nursery together for us, and I have to say, it is absolutely adorable!

Good luck!

first_timer
06-14-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't know anything about the Kid's Line bedding, but we just bought a bumper, crib skirt, and quilt from a Pottery Barn outlet for under $80 (with a 10% off coupon). It's a blue chambray with red and blue patchwork. The quality is really good and the bumpers have ties on the top and bottom. If you have a PB outlet anywhere near you I would suggest checking it out, I went to one on Long Island in NY.
They didn't have any crib sheets, so I bought light blue Koala crib sheets that match well. I got a mobile from BRU that has animals all wearing some piece of denim and it matches well with the chambray and red.

bnme
06-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi,

Just wondering what type of selection the PB Outlet had. I live on LI, too.
Right now I am interested in the PB Velour Animals set but realize the outlet probably doesn't carry that one (It's newer and still full price in the catolog). I'm looking for something a little cheaper than the $200 plus that would cost!

first_timer
06-16-2004, 12:42 AM
They didn't have the set you are referring to, like you said, they probably only have items that are no longer in the catalog. I'm having a boy, so I didn't really look at the selection of girl's bedding, although I know there were at least one or two. The were also about 3 choices for boy's bedding. I was there this past Sunday, I'm sure their inventory changes a lot. Just to let you know the crib skirts are not in the same aisle as the bumpers and quilts. I think it's worth the trip, you never know what you may find. There is also a Baby Gap outlet out there.

DeborahM
06-17-2004, 12:20 AM
I was going to mention the animal prints, too. We have the flannel crib sheet (along w/ other PBK bedding - mostly the ginghams) and I really like it. The nice thing about PBK is that most of their bedding coordinates. So, you could get the green chambray, then wait until the twins are born to find another coordinating sheet(s).

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl
27 days to go....

helaina
06-17-2004, 10:58 AM
PBK sends all their discontinued baby bedding to the Pottery Barn outlets. I check mine every so often and have found great deals. Before I was pregnant I was wandering the outlet and saw a brand new Dinosaurs bumper for $8 (it had originally been $79) and it was still in the package. There were actually about 5 of them there. I bought one because I couldn't pass up the price. I often see other discontinued baby items and for some reason I tend see more stuff for girls than boys. You can call your local outlet and ask which crib bedding they have. I suggest calling on a weekday morning when they are better able to talk to you. That can determine if it's worth a trip.

They also sell discontinued merchandise on their website in the "Sale" section. Currently they have some girls' crib bedding in the clearance section and a lot of boys, girls, and unisex crib bedding in the sale section.

helaina
06-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Liz, PBK currently has their gender neutral Bunny bedding on sale (half off) on their website: http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpaa%7Ccsalbnb%7Cda%7Crshop%2Fshpaa%7 Ccsalcbd%7Cda%7Crshop&pkey=csalbnb%7Caa&gids=pk333&gids=pk333

If you go with the plain bedding I'd dress up the room with some pictures. Allposters.com has some great kid prints of animals that you can mount yourself or order mounted or framed. I think the prints and some shelves with decorative items would make a beautiful nursery.

zilgags
01-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Greetings:

We are expecting twins in September. We opted not to find out if it's boys, girls, or one of each. As a result, we're going with gender neutal bedding.

I found a couple from Kids Line that I like - Animal Crackers and Paradiso.

There's also the green chambray bedding from PBK, which is nice as well.

I was wondering about the quality of the Kids Line vs. PBK bedding. Any thoughts?

Do the bumpers on Kids Line sets have two ties in each location or just tie from the top?

Also, does anyone have any decorating advice if we go with the simple theme from PBK? I'd want to try and add some decorations since there aren't any animals or anything on it.

Finally, any suggestions for best pricing? Since we have to buy two, we're trying to do some bargain hunting.

Thanks!
Liz