PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bella Linens- Does anyone own this?

ShaniB123
06-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I found crib bedding I love by a small company called Baby Bella (www.babybellalinens.com). The specific pattern I like is at:

http://www.babybellalinens.com/linens/EnchantedPicnic.htm

I live in California, and Baby Bella is not sold here, so if I buy these linens (which are not inexpensive), I would basically be ordering them sight unseen from the company. I ordered fabric swatches from Baby Bella, and they arrived and are beautiful. I also spoke with the owner, who seemed very nice.

My question is, does anyone own Baby Bella linens? If so, are you happy with them? Thank you for any insight you can give me.

First due in CA in October

helaina
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
That is so gorgeous! I don't have any experience with the brand but those are so beautiful I had to reply!

ShaniB123
06-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks- I love it, too. I'm a little reluctant to spend this much, but I haven't found anything else I like as much.

athensmom
06-16-2004, 08:46 PM
This set is beautiful!! It really is lovely and a great price considering the design. A few things to consider though:

The balls on the end of the crib skirt would concern me. I've seen similar sets with this edging- once the baby starts crawling they can easily pull off and become a choking hazard. I would also wonder how does it wash. The embroidery is so beautiful that it would be a shame if it was damaged or didn't retain its look after washing. Non-machine washable bumpers are really a pain. It's not practicle to have to dry clean or spot clean your bed set - one bout with a stomach flu you'll know what I mean :)

Maybe they have an alternate skirt, or you could take off the botton trim once your little one becomes mobile. Good luck!!

workaholic
06-16-2004, 10:09 PM
I have heard great things about their bedding...
The company BabyBox.com (& PoshTots.com) carries their products and the owner loves them herself. We had a discussion about their products because a vendor we were going to use bedding was using their images. Anyway, she said she was head over heals for it. The quality was amazing. I'd love to see it in person myself. The textures they mix make such luxurious products. I'm sure you'll be happy with any purchase you make with them. PoshTots does not list their vendors by name but I'm sure I've seen their products online before. Let us know what you decided. I think picking bedding is so fun.

Aimee Larsen
Momma to Cooper
Crossing fingers for another...
Owner: Ella-Bags

ShaniB123
06-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks so much (btw, the Ella-Bags are beautiful)!

I have spoken to the company about laundering, and I am advised that they have been told that by their customers who have laundered their bumpers that they've laundered well. However, the company's official position is "dry clean only". Now I'm concerned that the dry cleaning could be a problem.

I'm also concerned re the previous comment about the choking hazard. I love the little balls on the skirt- they're one of my favorite things about this bedding, but obviously I don't want my baby to be in any danger!

bunnisa
06-17-2004, 05:43 PM
I love the crib set! And I was thinking, since it's custom made, you could have them attach the ball fringe with hidden velcro, so that you could remove it later if need be...

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

ShaniB123
06-17-2004, 05:49 PM
That's actually a great idea! Thank you!