PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play Sheets

jasmine_bay
06-18-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm planning on using a Pack N Play as a bassinet for the first month or so. The only sheets I've seen for it are made by Graco. Are these good sheets? Does anyone know of alternatives? Thanks in advance.

nitaghei
06-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, there are plenty of alternatives to the scratchy Graco sheets. Just look for portable crib sheets.

Carters makes some basic ones - in knit and percale. I've seen them at the outlet. I also bought a pair at Target (Carter's Tykes brand) - but that was over a year and a half ago. They've held up pretty well, and were good value for money. The sheets I have are 100% cotton, and okay quality - not super soft like LE or Company Kids regular crib sheets.

Fleecebaby (www.fleecebaby.com) makes super soft fleece PNP sheets. These are wonderful!! I love the 2 I have (I was the product tester for these).

www.kidsurplus.com also carries flannel sheets by Kushies (also spelt Kooshies). I haven't tried these but lots of people on these boards recommend them.

I think NoJo makes some terry PNP sheets - maybe available at Buy Buy Baby and BRU?

Do a search in this forum and in the "Around the House" forum. There have been several discussions in the past. There are a few sources for higher end sheets, including custom made ones, that should pop up in your search.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

heidi_timms
06-18-2004, 09:35 PM
I love the Kushies sheets! I bought mine at a local baby store, but as Nita said they are available at kidsurplus. Mine is a plain, flannel white sheet and it's so soft.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

proggoddess
06-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I've had no problems with the Graco sheets. They fit my Evenflo playpen and my Kolcraft one.

kaitlinsmommy
06-18-2004, 11:39 PM
I never minded the Graco ones either. But by all means, go with something you like.

babymama
06-19-2004, 12:01 AM
I've seen the Carter's ones at TJ Maxx and Ross. Carter's has something called a playard sheet and something separate called a portable crib sheet - I'm not totally sure that they're the same size. The playard sheet seems to be less widely available than the portable crib sheet. Happy shopping!
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

first_timer
06-19-2004, 01:12 AM
I found a portable crib sheet I'm thinking of getting on the BRU website, I just hope it will definitely fit the Graco PNP. It says it fits a 24-by-38-inch portable crib mattress. It's from the Baby Basics Collection, Carter's knit portable crib sheet. Does anyone know the dimensions of a PNP mattess?

The BRU website says the PNP brand sheet is 27-by-39-inch, so I'm not sure if the Carter's will fit, but then I was thinking that the mattress is 24x38" and the sheet is 27x39" to fit it?

I never though I'd spend so much time contemplating pack n play sheets! :)

classyt
07-01-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm planning on doing the same. Does anyone know if they make pack n' play mattress pads/sheet protectors? I'm concerned about ruining the mattress when baby has an accident.

hellosmiletoday
07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
I have an all purpose "large" waterproof pad that we are using to protect the pack in play (I wouldnt want to have to clean the vinyl like material of the bassinet!). Mine is from the brand Esp. for baby, but I would recommend Carter's brand instead if they make one. We have some waterproof Carter's lap pads that I really like...we use them in the changing station of the PnP b/c of DD's explosive BMs. I fail to understand why Graco uses a material in the changing area that cannot be easily cleaned.

eb1
07-02-2004, 10:14 AM
My son slept in his pack n' play bassinet for the first 8 weeks. I laid a few waterproof lap pads under the sheet (a Nojo terry sheet from Toys R Us, worked great!) where I would position him. He did have a number of blow-outs while he slept there, so the pads were essential.

Now he is in his crib and he moves around a LOT, so if he were to sleep in his pack n' play now, I would need something larger than a lap pad under the sheet, but back when he was a newborn, he didn't move around in his sleep at all so the lap pads were fine.

aim
07-15-2004, 02:01 PM
I ahve the kushies sheets from kidsurplus. They have been great - DS slept in the PNP bassinet for three months and the was a spitter and so I washed those sheets a lot and they still look new.

Amy
Mom to Bennett 1-14-04

smzapalac
08-09-2004, 11:22 PM
I contacted the folks at Fleecebaby.com regarding their PNP sheet colors. They only offer white.

In the e-mail they sent me they have a special offer. Please read:

To celebrate our new fleece play yard sheets, we are offering a coupon discount to all of our past customers.

FOR $5.00 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER, JUST TYPE IN "New Product" IN THE COUPON DISCOUNT AREA AT CHECKOUT. Please pass the coupon instructions on to your friends and family and share the savings!!!! The coupon expires August 30, 2004.

valdivan
08-10-2004, 11:11 AM
www.sweetpeasheirlooms.com - they have pnp sheets in cotton, flannel and fleece, in many prints and colors. They hold up to washing very well. My son slept in the pnp bassinet until he was 4 mos. old and took quite well to the cotton, fleece and flannel sheets. Enjoy!

athensmom
08-10-2004, 01:41 PM
For the Fleece Baby Coupon if "new Product" doesn't work then try the code word "baby". It's good through August. I'll double check on the dimensions that it fits too.

ett
09-02-2004, 01:49 PM
We have the Nojo PNP sheets from BRU. They are terrycloth and have elastic all around. We've been using them for over a year now and they've held up well after repeated washings.