PDA

View Full Version : Beautyrest vs Colgate crib mattress: help me choose!

newmomma
06-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I'm expecting our first baby in 6 weeks. I am wondering what you all recommend regarding a crib mattress. We registered at BRU for the Baby Beautyrest Elegance Mattress ($100, 231 inner springs) but since then I've read lots of great things (including in the Baby Bargains book) about the Colgate Classica I mattress. Which one is better? I am concerned that the Beautyrest mattress is so much heavier (which may make changing the sheets difficult) but just want to get whatever is best and safest for my baby. I registered for 3 of the Ultimate Crib Sheets, so hopefully I won't have to be changing all the sheets very often, but just in case...Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Where is the best place to get the Colgate mattress? Thanks!

icunurse
06-18-2004, 08:01 PM
I have a Colgate Classica I and love it (very firm and lightweight). Also love the Ultimate crib sheet! I bought our mattress at babycatalog.com...just checked and it's $79.99, but you can save $5 today if you order (it's on the site).
Traci

newmomma
06-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the information Traci! I ordered the Classica I from babycatalog.com and think it will be a better way to go than the heavy coil mattress (which I will have to return to BRU because somebody bought it off our registry...oops!). The $5 discount was great, but the $18 shipping charge was sort of steep. I sure wish they sold the Colgate mattresses at BRU! Anyways, thanks for the input :-)