PDA

View Full Version : Simmons changing pad cover

babymama
06-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Does anyone know if the Simmons countoured changing pad cover is the same size as the (cheaper) changing table pad covers? We've been surviving with just one, and would love to have another for when that one is in the laundry. The picture on changing table pad covers show a flat pad like the one on a traditional changing table. I'm thinking it might be too small for the Simmons contoured changing pad. Anyone know for sure?

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

bunnisa
06-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Target sells a contoured changing pad cover -- I think it's a little bit cheaper than the Simmons, but only comes in pink, lt blue, yellow and possibly lt green.

HTH somewhat!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

babymama
06-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Thanks so much for your response! Santiago tinkled on our cover again last night. So I'm headed to Target later today to look for the contoured pad cover.

Edited on Wednesday 6/30: I've been to 2 Targets now and can only find the pink covers. Can't bring myself to buy a pink one for my son's room - especially considering the one we've already got is lavendar. So I'm using receiving blankets in place of the diapers as another poster suggested for protecting the cover.

Marisa6826
06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
One of the best tricks we found was to put a cloth dipe folded in half under Sophie's bottom when we changed her.

It saved many, many loads of laundry ;)

-m

neosr
06-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Sort of like Marisa, we put a small vinyl changing pad (the ones for diaper bags) on when we change our baby.

Have you considered the PBK chamois changing pad covers for your Simmons pad? It's super soft and fits perfectly.

heidi_timms
06-28-2004, 01:12 AM
I absolutely love the velour changing pads made by Darling Diapers. They are so soft, luxurious, and also fairly inexpensive. So worth the money. Amber, the owner, makes them to fit the Simmons pads.

www.darlingdiapers.com

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

babymama
06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Wow! Those are really pretty! Thanks for letting me know about them. i'll keep these in mind for gifts.

babymama
06-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Haven't seen the PBK cover. Will keep an eye out for it.
Thanks! Wow! Before this thread I didn't know there were ANY options other than the Simmons covers. Glad I asked.