PDA

View Full Version : What color walls would go with this bedding?

helaina
06-21-2004, 04:52 PM
If I find out I'm having a boy (I'll know in three weeks), and I used this crib bedding, what color could I paint the walls?

http://www.livingincomfort.com/images/kimgranlilbu_pic.jpg

DebbieJ
06-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Does it have a matching wallpaper border? Then you might do the blue down below and the cream on top.

Otherwise, maybe just do the cream like in the picture? Doing the walls all blue might be too dark (since it's a denim color). Or, you could do the blue and do some sort of treatment on it (ragging or something) to give it a faded denim look. That might be fun!

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03

heartnfree
06-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm... I think I might go for a neutral light beige/honey color to match the beige in the bedding, sort of like how the walls are colored in the picture.

You could paint the trim blue or red as an accent, or just rely on the bedding and its accessories to provide the colorful accents for the room.

I was surfing HGTV.com the other day for nursery ideas, and one thing they mentioned was that lighter colors can make a room look bigger.

By the way, I think it would be nice bedding for a girl too, but then I was a tomboy growing up :-D

Best wishes,

Heather

lampes
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Love this bedding and the chair is to die for. If you want to introduce some colour, you could paint just one wall with the deep red and the other three with the neutral color. My SIL painted her son's room with dark navy on three walls and one wall gray and it looks very nice.

http://sungheedesigns.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/boysrooms/27_Mar_04_009_Small.jpg

BethinMass
06-25-2004, 08:51 AM
I'd probably stick with a warm tan, since then it could be used after even if you changed the bedding when they got older.
However everyone offered some really nice suggestions.

lmladuke
06-25-2004, 02:18 PM
I would also do the walls a matching tan/cream color. You could introduce matching red and blues in other ways like area rugs, shelves hung on walls, a painted bookcase. If you have a chair rail you might paint that the contrasting color. Cute pattern because if you are having a boy, you can still use some of these pieces as he becomes a toddler - without having to totally redecorate.

Lori

August Mom
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
I like the idea of blue on the bottom half of the wall and cream on top. DS's nursery is a green shade on the bottom and cream on top and it looks nice, whereas using the green everywhere would be too dark. I also like the idea of faux finishing the walls in blue. I think ragging would give a nice effect. You could also do an accent wall, which I think I would do in the burgandy shade versus blue.

lynettefrancois
06-27-2004, 11:39 AM
I know this is a little late, but couldn't help but suggest you decide if you want the room to be cozy or airy. If you want cozy, stick to the warm colors (beige or tan), but if you want an airier feel and aren't afraid of color, try a lighter shade of blue. You would find the paint chip that matches the color of the fabric exactly, then look down the paint chip at the lighter shades (the color you choose should still obviously relate to the fabric). If you want added interest, try stamping/stencilling stars or boots on the wall instead of border (border can be so hard to remove later- I've done it several times). Lots of good ideas were suggested- hope you're inspired! :)

helaina
06-28-2004, 09:47 AM
>I know this is a little late, but couldn't help but suggest
>you decide if you want the room to be cozy or airy. If you
>want cozy, stick to the warm colors (beige or tan), but if you
>want an airier feel and aren't afraid of color, try a lighter
>shade of blue. You would find the paint chip that matches the
>color of the fabric exactly, then look down the paint chip at
>the lighter shades (the color you choose should still
>obviously relate to the fabric). If you want added interest,
>try stamping/stencilling stars or boots on the wall instead of
>border (border can be so hard to remove later- I've done it
>several times). Lots of good ideas were suggested- hope
>you're inspired! :)

Thank you to everyone for the great ideas!

I do want the room to be warm and cosy, so I think I'll go with tan walls, lighter beige trim, and I found a glider that's beige and red. This is all assuming that I have a boy, and I'll find out next week!!!

Mommy_Again
06-28-2004, 11:38 PM
I think Ralph Lauren might make a 'demin' finish which would look great if it wasnt too dark. Otherwise, I would pick a rich caramel color (similar to the bears on the mobile) which would be really warm and not as cold as a plain cream.

memedee
06-30-2004, 12:52 AM
I would do a creamy yellow.
I love the crib!!!!