PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tails bedding from PBK

CarrieMaro
06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone else is using the Happy Tails bedding from PBK? My husband and I fell in love with the cute puppies and couldn't resist, even though we originally were going to stay away from a red/white/blue theme. If anyone is going with this color scheme, what color furniture and walls are you opting for? Does anyone know of cute accessories to go with Happy Tails? PBK doesn't offer as much in this theme as in most others.

Thanks a ton!

mollyi
06-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi there-

We have just decorated Andy's "big-boy room" with the Happy Tails - we also couldn't resist, especially since we have a basset hound and that is one of the doggies on the bedding!! Andy has a twin bed with a trundle - we bought the twin Happy Tails quilt and the large and small shams. We went with the navy gingham sheets and bed skirt. We painted one wall of his room red (alittle bit of a muted red, the red in the quilt is a chambray red so it is not real bright) and the other walls tan. The woodwork/closet doors are white. Andy's furniture (bed, chest, nightstand) is maple with a cherry stain - looks nice with the brown colors of the doggies on the quilt. We bought the navy gingham window panels from PB kids - the window is on the red wall and the navy gingham looks great against the red. We bought one of the slant baskets (honey) with a navy gingham liner to put the books we read at nighttime in. We also have a honey laundry basket with a red chambray liner to put stuffed animals it. (I don't think they sell the red chambray liner any more, though - we bought it a couple of years ago.) On ebay I bought a set of 3 prints of the doggies that are on the quilt - then I bought the navy Ashby frames to put them in. I just ordered a switchplate from the same lady I bought the prints from - the switchplate has the doggies from the bedding on it as well. I found a couple of the red PB library shelves really cheap ($6!) at the PB outlet - the red was a bit too bright, so dh is painting them with the paint leftover from the red wall and I think they will look great. (They will hang on one of the tan walls). And we have a navy lamp base with the red and navy shade that is shown with the Happy Tails bedding in the catalog.

OK - that was probably more than you wanted to know!!! :) Hope it helps some, though. The one item I have been stumped on is a nightlight - I can't find one anywhere that will go with the room.

CarrieMaro
06-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Molly,
Thanks for all the details -- it sounds like a beautiful room! If you're interested in posting any pictures, I'd love to see them. I also saw those prints and switchplates on ebay and was thinking about getting them. I'm glad to hear you chose tan as a paint color -- that's what we're leaning toward, too. We have a full size bed we're going to keep in the baby's room and I just bought (on ebay!) a light-blue PB quilt and shams to go on it, along with the large Happy Tails sham. What do you think of a white crib/changing table with the bedding and tan walls?

As far as a nightlight -- I haven't seen anything either, but I know somewhere I've seen kit where you can make your own with the fabric of your choice. Maybe a Google search would bring up something like that.

Thanks again for sharing everything you've done!