PDA

View Full Version : Amy Coe Circus Pink Collection

californiamom
07-07-2004, 01:04 PM
For DD nursery, I purchased the Amy Coe Circus Toile Pink collection at Target but that was about it. I didn't do much at all because I moved in to my new house when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Now that DD is 6 months old I'd like to work on her nursery and am ISO ideas!!

The Circus collection is beautiful, but I can't find accessories to match it anywhere. I bought 2 crib sheets (circus toile and pink polka dots) and the crib bumper. I also have the wallpaper border but haven't installed it yet...

I was thinking I'd either paint the walls light pink or cream. Or maybe both (cream on top, pink on bottom). Or maybe do two pink walls and two cream walls. I am so lost!

Any suggestions? Can anyone help me out? I am terrible at decorating! I also need suggestions for accessories like window treatments, rugs, wall art and etc. I am soooo lost I don't know where to start, and I've waited for so long already I really want to get her nursery done!!!

Thank you so much! :-)
Ana

ColorBlue
07-07-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm doing this collection in my twin girls nursery. I'm doing one crib in the green bumper with pink bedskirt and one in the pink bumper/sheets and pink bedskirt.

The nursery is green and we are leaving it that way because it coordinates with the bedskirt...do you have the bedskirt..its a pretty pink and green stripe.

Here are some ideas.

1. Window treatments.
Many people use the material from the collection for valances...for example on ebay I've seen the bedskirt made into valances (really pretty.) Or in our nursery we are using a very simple but pretty white valance and cafe curtain it has a bit of lace on it. (For my dd's room I bought a valance off of ebay just last week..its so pretty, made out of the pottery barn fabric with a contrasting trim.) If you sew at all or know someone who does valances are a snap to make. (I was going to make mine myself but just don't have the time.

2. Rugs
Also I would use a solid rug so that when dd grows out of the crib you don't have to switch rugs. For example my older dd has abigail from pottery barn in her new room (its not finished yet), and I bought a remnant of very plush pink carpeting and had it bound and that is what we are using on the floor. I'm looking for something similar probably in green for the twins nursery. Another alternative is a pretty braided rug...someone on here posted a good source for pretty braided rugs in various sizes. I also know that PBK has a pretty pink one, but I had the blue/green one and had to return it because it didn't wear well at all.

3. Walls. Do you know the show DIvine Design on hgtv..they did a beautiful nursery with a chair rail border...pink above and pink and yellow stripes below. You could use your border at chair rail height and do the cream above and pink and cream stripes below...or vice versa. If you do a search on hgtv.com they should have some pictures.

4. Check out ebay for accessories...their are a lot of creative types on there that buy the fabric and use it to make accessories....like switchplate covers, door hangings, garbage cans etc. Just do a search for amy coe circus and you should get some hits.

5. Wall art...check out art.com They have posters and you can do a search for topics...circus, juvenile etc. You can have them frame the poster or frame it yourself. ALso if you live near a Christmas Tree Shop check them out. I just bought the sweetest mirrors..one for each room, square mirror with a frame shaped like a little dress in pink.

Wow...long reply. Feel free to PM for any more ideas. I'm still finishing up my dd's room and then we will move her in there and redo the nursery for the twins so I'm going to be working on this until at least November!!

Tracy

dd Grace 11/01
edd TWIN GIRLS!! 11/04

californiamom
07-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Wow! Thank you. These are great suggestions.
I always feel so lost when it comes to decorating -- I do not have a decorator touch! And I've been anxious to start working on the new house, starting with DD nursery.

I will definitely check out eBay and art.com.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!!!

Ana

Cassandra27
07-09-2004, 06:32 PM
We used the very same theme. I found a light pink/dark pink checkerboard wallpaper border at Home Depot (coordinates with the circus toile bumper), and used the Happy Stripe (one of the Circus Toile prints) bedskirt to make a valance. We bought wooden letters for her wall and hung them with coordinating ribbon. I have some pics in this bio, about halfway down: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=Cassandra

Cassandra
mom to Jenna, born 02/03/04

californiamom
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Cassandra,
These are really cute pictures!!
Thanks for the link and for the inspiration! :-)
Ana