PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a bassinet, cradle, etc...?

baby
07-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Hi all. First time mom due in october. I wanted advice on what to get for the baby to sleep in right away. I know I want to breast feed and I want the baby to stay in our bedroom for a while. We have a tiny bedroom so i'm considering an arms reach mini, or pack n play, or maybe even a simple bassinet. the arms reach would be difficult to get because I live over seas is it worth it? what does everyone suggest?

amp
07-08-2004, 11:20 AM
We have a PNP, and we do love it, but it would never have fit well in our small bedroom. It's pretty large overall. We did use a bassinet for the first few days. It didn't work out well for us since our son didn't sleep well in it, but it was nice to have something smaller, that could easily be moved out of the way if we needed to. That is what I would recommend for a small room. Our son preferred the crib from early on since he moves around a lot when he sleeps. He kept flailing out his arms and waking himself up. Swaddling can help with this, but we never quite got the hang of it and he got out of every swaddle we put him in. Most bassinets are probably less expensive than the other options too. We used the PNP on the lower level of our house, which was a godsend after I had a CSection and didn't want to be climbing the stairs to put DS down for naps.

hellosmiletoday
07-10-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm using a Kolcraft bacsinet (from Target, $59), as a PnP definitely would not fit in our bedroom. I loved it, and would wheel DD all around the house with me during the day. We have a PnP in fam room that is used primarily as changing table. We are just now starting to use her to her crib...and I will miss not being able to wheel her every where i go. DD was born small at 6lb 4 oz, and is now 9 wks old.