PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier glider #9769 and Dutailier fabrics

CarrieMaro
07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Has anyone purchased this glider? It's the one with the wainscotting on the sides and the lock/recline features. I'm interested to know how you like it, aestheticly and functionally. I love it, but thought it stuck a bit when trying to recline on the model I tried at the store. Our store has it for $493 (glider only, will use nursing stool). How does this compare to what you've been able to find?

We're thinking of getting it in white with a neutral colored fabric, maybe something in the tan range. I'd love to hear about the fabrics anyone has chosen for their Dutailier gliders and whether they feel comfy and hold up well.

I'd appreciate your help!

jan
07-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I've had this glider for 3 yrs now and i love it, very comfortable. The recline is not what i expected in that you set it to the recline you want and then lock it in place, or you can set the lock feature kind of loser so all you have to do is push back and it will recline and hold, but then you can't push back hard while rocking in it. best to just find the recline you want and stick with it. i purchased it in black leather which was great b/c we could just wipe up spills, etc. i highly recommend this chair, it is very comfy and very easy to get along with in the house. I have the matching ottomon which i like too. I bought mine direct from canada from baby furniture outlet.com, which I don't think sells to the US anymore.

proud parents two
07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi. We priced this glider at www.rockingchairstore.com/all.html (475$) but we purchased the 11789 with the raised floral 424 fabric. It has stood up very well with the spit and soiling. It wipes right off and we even cleaned it once with our carpet cleaning machine. (upholstery attatchment) Good luck!

sbjf
07-27-2004, 09:37 AM
We have it and we're happy with it! I have a pale pale blue gingham fabric that I love. Go to http://www.babyfriedrich.com and click on My Home I think, and you can see pics of it in our nursery there.

jamierush
07-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I love this glidder no problems at all over the last 18 months of daily use. I have the sage green (almost a checked) material. It still looks brand new.