PDA

View Full Version : It's a boy.... need suggestions

KBecks
07-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Girl decorating seems easy.. I don't have many ideas for a boy.

Thinking of wall colors -- light blue? khaki, yellow, med blue, other?

And themes? I don't really like themes.

Like the old Pottery Barn sheets that look like maps.
Like Pottery Barn animals -- somewhat.

The crib is white. Any ideas welcome!

Oh, and I want to keep decorating fairly simple... just need a few accents here and there.

Thanks,
KBecks

LBK
07-15-2004, 12:01 AM
I love the fabrics from House Inc. (houseinc.com). They have custom and ready-made fabrics for bedding, curtains, chairs, etc. I've had a hard time shopping for my little boy, because I HATE sports/cars/animals stuff and don't really like themed stuff either. House Inc has all kinds of patterns that are beautiful but not too girly. Pretty pricey, though.

aim
07-15-2004, 01:57 PM
I did my boy nursery in primary colors. The walls are yellow. and I got a primary colored ABC rug for pottery barn. Other accents in the room are just primary colored - easy to find stuff to match and if the next kid is a girl I can use all fo the same stuff

Amy
DS bennett 1-14-04

jk3
07-18-2004, 03:57 AM
DS' nursery is sage green, pale yellow + white. The colors are soothing!
Jenn
DS 6/03

writeleigh
07-18-2004, 09:05 AM
You could also try a Safari theme - you could do that in either bright primaries, or more neutrals. California Kids has some great bedding options - kind of expensive, though.

Leigh

hwin708
07-21-2004, 12:41 AM
I like (and have) the frog prince theme for boys. Lots of light blues and greens. My nursery is mainly done in these colors (with wall trim and other random stuff in white). For accessories, I have a few frog things around the room, like a lamp, and an occasional prince thing, like a castle growth chart (from eeBoo). My bedding set is a frog set from Brandee Danielle, mainly white and light green. Wendy Bee also has a very cute frog prince bumper.