PDA

View Full Version : Bellini Musical Nursery Rhyme Clock...HELP!!!!

bostonsmama
07-16-2004, 05:16 PM
I just saw the most adorable, darling musical clock at a Bellini store in Atlanta, GA (off Roswell Rd). It is silver, about 20in tall and has whimsical people and animals as clock pendulums. It makes about ten different songs when the clock strikes the hour. I have absolutely fallen in love with it...but have since returned from vacation and do not have a Bellini in the area (nearest is 4-5 hours away). Does anyone know WHO manufactures the clock? Has anyone seen it, too??? Does anyone own it or know where I can purchase it? I went to Bellini's website from home, and it is not offered there. It retails around $215.00. Help, anyone who has seen it, can you offer any suggestions or input. I would like to call the manufacturer/distributor myself and see if I could get it for less/same. Anyone vouch for its quality?? Help!

memedee
07-16-2004, 06:20 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/courtneyscandles/muswalcloc.html
the clock is called Carnival by rythym Small World Clocks
on sale for 147$

bostonsmama
07-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Oh my gosh, I love you, I love you, I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you. This clock is so adorable, and thanks to the link, I could show my hubby a video of the clock in motion. It is so precious...not as many tunes as I thought, but absolutely precious. Well, talk about a topic for the Baby Bargains book...probably completely NOT NEEDED, but oh so adorable and I want it, I want it, I want it! Maybe it's all of those hormones circulating through my body, but who knows. I really apreciate the link because that is a great price! I was convinced I was going to have to pay full retail plus Georgia sales tax and shipping. Wow! Once again, so awesome! By the way, how did you know? Do you have this clock? Does anyone have it? With clocks like this, I know it "silences" at night with the sensor, but during naps in the day, how do you "silence" it???

Thanks again! Everyone has to see this clock...it's so much cuter in person and hearing the Jesu Man of Joys Desiring tune made me absolutely ball in the store with emotion....my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to that song...makes the 5+ years I've been with hubby come to mind...sigh. It's soooo cute.

bostonsmama
07-17-2004, 02:02 AM
I saw this picture of it finally...so cute. Check it out.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9297.jpg

memedee
07-17-2004, 09:18 AM
No, I do not have the clock but I was looking for a clock for my new granddaughters room and you were so enthusiastic I thought I would find it for you.
I am particularly happy to save you LOTS of money.
Enjoy it and your new baby!

memedee
07-17-2004, 09:21 AM
BTW, Are you from Boston?I live in Wellesley and there are soooo many cute and expensive baby stores here.
One in particular called Periwinkles.
Fun store to browse around.
There is also a Bellini nearby in Natick

bostonsmama
07-18-2004, 12:08 AM
No, I grew up overseas in Europe and South America. I moved back to the United States to go to college, and when I graduated, my husband and I bought a home in Virginia Beach, where we've lived for the past three years or so. We loved Boston, visited it often (my mom graduated from Boston University in 65), and had such fond memories that we named our first "child," or really the dog, Boston. He's our little Boston "Red Sox" because of his little red/brown beagle feet. We're still trying for our first child (long story there!) but I guess just trying to "romance the stone" with baby products. The only person who call's me Boston's mama is my husband when he tells our puppy to go kiss "mama."

Needless to say, thanks all for the advice. My parents bought us the clock from the Carolyne? website and it's on its way. Now, all we need is the baby.